Wow, I can’t believe November is over already! Only one more month of 2018 to go, I feel like most of this year has just flown right by. November was a weird month for me. At the beginning of it I was super busy with activities and then near the end of the month stuff slowed down but depression kicked in and then I got the flu. NaNoWriMo was mostly a bust. But at least I had a low maintenance month on the blog since I had so much stuff pre-scheduled. Hopefully things will get back to normal in December. 🙂
Only 14 books read for November (same as last month!) with 10 SFF books, and 4 Romances. Looking at Goodreads, I’m sitting at 169 books read for 2018, which even for me is pretty damn impressive. Even though I already (more than) made my goal, I’d love to see if I can get to 200 before year’s end. I don’t know if that’s possible, but it would be cool if I could do it. Hmmm.
Favorite Reads of the Month:
- An Easy Death by Charlaine Harris. It was so much fun to read something new from one of my favorite authors. A gun slinging girl in a post-apocalyptic wild west? Yes, please. Loved the characters and am looking forward to more!
- Changes by Jim Butcher. Well, this one didn’t pull any punches. One hell of a ride. I still have three more books to go to catch up with this series, but I’m looking forward to see the fallout from this one moving forward.
- Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier. I’d been wanting to read this one for a really long time and I’m glad that I finally got around to it. Thanks to those friends on twitter that helped pick this one when I was being indecisive on what to read next. I love Marillier’s blend of history and fantasy. She’s also one of those authors who puts her characters through hell, but the reward is so great on the other side.
November’s Book Reviews:
Here are all my book reviews that went up in November in case you missed them.
Walking Through Fire by Sherri Cook Woosley
Murderbot Series by Martha Wells
In the Labyrinth of Drakes by Marie Brennan
An Easy Death by Charlaine Harris
Magic Triumphs by Ilona Andrews
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Dreadful Company by Vivian Shaw
A Charm of Magpies Series by KJ Charles
Of Noble Family by Mary Robinette Kowal
I had a few other posts that went up last month, if you want to check those out.
- Halloween Creatures Book Tag!
- Get To Know Ya Book Tag
- World Fantasy Convention 2018 Recap
- Series Tracker Bullet Journal
Plans for December:
Breaking this down in bullet point form because I love bullet points!
- Read as many books as I can so I can get close to 200 books read
- Come up with my reading goals for 2019
- Finish inputting data into my series tracker bullet journal
- Start getting together my year end stats
- Start thinking about site redesign for the blog in 2019
- Finish catching up with Dresden Files
I think that’s about it. December should be a pretty fun month, if not another whirlwind. What are everyone else’s plans for December? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to hear from you!
12 thoughts on “Monthly Wrap Up: November 2018”
Firstly, sorry depression kicked in. Maybe you can give it a good kick back? I know it’s not that easy but would be great if it was 😏 Secondly, ONLY 14? Are you kidding me? 😂 14 is amazing! And what a great list! I’ve never read Martha Wells but I really want to. Is she good? Good luck on your December reads 😁
I loved Martha Wells' Murderbot books. They were so much fun! They're quick reads too. I'm looking forward to checking out more of her work. 🙂
Wow, 16 books! To me, that’s amazing. I’ve already started looking ahead to January reading too, but I’m hoping December will be low key and more of a catch up month for me😊
Thanks! I guess it just feels low because I had some really crazy high reading months this year and got used to it haha. Hope you have a great December!
You’re a whirling dervish of productivity. Good luck with your reading and pushing yourself to 200 – I’m half that amount. You’ll have to cram in a few short stories and graphic novels 😀
Hah! Well, we’ll see what happens this month. Right now I have nothing pre-scheduled so I have a lot of work ahead of me, something like 7 or 8 reviews to write….and all these books ahead of me. 🙂
I may use this time to catch up on my comics, I have several collected volumes worth so I can count those as books. 😀
My plan for December was to read a lot but I’m not optimistic that that’ll happen.
Hope you have a great December!
Thanks! Good luck to you as well!
Good luck with getting to 200 books! If anyone can do it you can 😀 Do you count Children’s books? There are a ton of “read now” Children’s books on NetGalley and I find those are a great way to get caught up on my goals 😀
Thanks! I don’t really read children’s books but thanks for the tip! I’ll probably throw some graphic novels or manga in the mix though, that should help. 🙂
Shame november was a bit of a bust- I hope December has been better so far! Good luck with your reading goals!
December has been great so far! I was just so busy in November and then I was sick which didn’t help.