And so another Wyrd & Wonder comes to an end. With my weird half blogging this month I still managed to get a bunch of Wyrd & Wonder posts in thanks to the challenge prompts! I had a lot of fun writing those. Thanks again to the folks who run this wonderful event! Here’s a list of all my Wyrd & Wonder posts in case you missed any.
- I Never Knew My Father
- Fly My Pretties
- Currently Reading
- With Friends Like These
- Covers Featuring Fantasy Creatures
- Chosen One
- Five Star Fantasy Reads
As for my reading, well, I did read quite a bit. I read a total of 19 novels/webtoons/graphic novels. Which is quite a bit! Not as much Fantasy and speculative fiction as I had hoped. And I didn’t make as much progress with my TBR and am still woefully behind on review books. I didn’t even have a single review go up in May because I’m sort of blocked with writing them still. Ugh.
- 14 novels, 2 webtoons, 3 graphic novels
- 13 Speculative Fiction–All fantasy!
- 6 Romance–All contemporary!
- 10 Adult / 9 YA
Favorite Reads of the Month:
Despite having kind of a crappy month and being all caught up in my feels, I did have read quite a few enjoyable things.
- My Dear Cold-Blooded King was a fantastic webtoon! I binge read the entire thing all (three? two?) seasons of it and I just loved it. It did lean more heavily into the romance toward the end but I wasn’t complaining. Also I just love a reverse harem story that is blatantly self-aware lol.
- The Library of the Dead by T.L. Huchu was a lot of fun. Very much an Urban Fantasy but it felt fresh and new and I loved the young protagonist.
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonn. This book! It was sooooo good. I just loved everything about it and I really can’t wait for the next one.
Plans for June:
Really I only have one plan for June and that’s to work on getting caught up with things. Get caught up on reviews, blog hopping, my TBRs and review copy books. That’s it. Wish me luck!
And, that about sums things up. How was your month? Did you enjoy Wyrd & Wonder? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!