Today’s theme for the Wyrd & Wonder Challenge is Five Star Fantasy Reads. Well, I’ll tell ya, it was tough to narrow this down to a managable list because I a) read a ton of Fantasy and b) tend to rate books high. So instead of doing an in-depth list I’m going to do a pic collage followed by just a regular old list of some of my favorite five star fantasy books. Let me know if these were five star books for you or what you think of my faves!
A Few Favorites!
- The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison
- The Girl With Ghost Eyes by M. H. Boroson
- Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
- Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb
- My Soul to Keep by Tananarive Due
- Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- Sorcerer’s Legacy by Janny Wurts
- Transformation by Carol Berg
- The Ruins of Ambrai by Melanie Rawn
- Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
- Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay
- Winter’s Tale by Mark Helprin
- Sunshine by Robin McKinley
- The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Blood Price by Tanya Huff
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
- Heart’s Blood by Juliet Marillier
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- The Whitefire Crossing by Courtney Schafer
- Blood of Heirs by Alicia Wanstall-Burke
- Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey
- The Poppy War by R. F. Kuang
- Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
- The Greyfriar by Susan and Clay Griffith
- The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia McKillip
- The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins
- Under the Pendulum Sun by Jeannette Ng
- Flesh and Spirit by Carol Berg
- The Oddling Prince by Nancy Springer
- Witchmark by C. L. Polk
- Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed
- Strange Practice by Vivian Shaw
- The Bird King by G. Willow Wilson
- Sabriel by Garth Nix
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
- The Last Sun by K. D. Edwards
- Swordheart by T. Kingfisher
- The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
- The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
And honestly there are probably another hundred I could add to this list. Want to know why some of these are my faves? Feel free to ask in the comments! I’d love to chat with you.
16 thoughts on “#WyrdAndWonder Five Star Fantasy Reads”
Great list! Daughter of the Forest is on my retelling list for this year. Interview with the Vampire will always be a favorite. ❤️ Hope you’re doing well, Lisa.
Inverview is just such a classic at this point. And Daughter of the Forest was an interesting retelling. Heart’s Blood is also a retelling! (Of Beauty and the Beast). Thanks, I’m hanging in there. Finally started to feel a bit ‘normal’ again.
I’ll add that one too! Thank you. I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better. Hugs
Thank you! ❤
So many books I loved as well on here! Also quite some I really want to read, like Trail of Lightning and The Lies of Locke Lamora!
Yes, I went maybe a bit overboard haha. Those are both so good, I hope you get to try them!
I love collecting rec lists, and of course, #WyrdAndWonder delivered one more opportunity! My own favorites from this collection are: Fifth Season, Robin Hobb, Howl, Forgotten Beasts, Circe, and Marillier. But there are so many here that I haven’t read yet! Thank you so much for sharing~
You’re welcome~! Very happy to share some of my faves. 😀
Several of these are definitely on my 5 star list! Howl’s Moving Castle and Interview with a Vampire, no doubt, and I have read Sunshine some many times I have lost count. The Forgotten Beasts of Eld and The Greyfriar are two others I loved. As you said, the list could go on and on…
It’s a good problem to have when there’s too many to add to your favorites list!
Super great list of fantasy reads here. The Last Sun always intrigues me because of the cover. The Ghost Bride is one of my favorites too from last year, I loved the writing and world building, such a sucker for good historical fantasy! 😍✨
The Last Sun is so much fun. It’s like a new type of urban fantasy! The sequel is great too. 🙂
This is an amazing list!! 😍 And you mentioned some of my favorite too!! Like The Goblin Emperor (this is a new add to my list, but one I am glad to have made), The Name of the Wind, Assassin’s Apprentice, Kushiel’s Dart, Locke Lamora and many others! 😍
It was so hard to narrow this down because there are so many great books out there~! Glad to see we share a few favorites. 🙂