Wow, June is over? How did that happen? Once again in June I had ZERO reviews. But I did read some books even though my blogging has fallen off a lot. I keep meaning to get back to normal but it seems my brain is not quite ready yet. At this point it may take the rest of the summer before I start to get back into the swing of things blogging-wise. Sigh. I do miss the community~!
- 7 novels, 1 long-ass webtoon
- 2 Speculative Fiction — both Fantasy
- 5 Romance – all Contemporary
- 1 Historical Fiction
- 4 YA, 1 NA, 3 Adult
FAVORITE READS OF THE MONTH:
Well I only technically read two speculative fiction books for the month but one of the romances was also sort of speculative fiction in that it involved a wonky sort of stuck in time plot. So not a whole lot to choose from but here I go:
- One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston. I had high hopes for this one because I absolutely LOVED Red, White and Royal Blue. The writing in this one was really different but I loved it too, for different reasons. The heroine is this is so different from our main character in RW&RB and the style of writing reflects that in a lot of ways. If this wasn’t done to perfection the style would have ruined it for me because its normally a style that is a major turn off for me but this book was amazing and it can’t be denied. The story and the characters were all great but I especially loved the found family element.
- The Fire’s Stone by Tanya Huff. This is an older book but I’ve been reading Huff’s backlist for a while now and really enjoying almost everything. I hadn’t planned on reading this one this month but here we are. This was a fairly generic plot in a fairly generic setting but the characters really made it for me, just absolutely loved them and their way they worked together and their relationships developed. This is also a queer story! Unexpectedly and delightfully so.
PLANS FOR JULY:
Not really making any plans or even attempting a TBR. I think my only ‘plan’ will be to try and finish more books than I did in June. Maybe I’ll write a bunch of mini-reviews or something so that I can get back on track. I don’t know. All I do know is that I’ll be reading and hopefully enjoying my reading and that’s what counts.
Anyway, that about sums up my very non-active month lol. How was your month? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!