This post is a little random but I was thinking about books and series that I’d love to re-read the other day and then I was struck by sadness because it feels like I have a LOT less re-reading time these days (so many unread books calling my name!).
I mean, I am totally in charge of my own reading destiny and I can choose to re-read instead of reading so many new books, but then I get distracted by the shiny new covers and also I have reviews to write! I usually do some amount of re-reading every year but no where near as much as I used to before getting such a huge TBR and becoming a book blogger.
So, here’s a list of books/series I’d love to re-read at some point!
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson – I LOVE THIS BOOK. It was such a joy to read last year and ended up being one of my top reads for the entire year. I’m not exactly sure why, but probably the characters and their dynamic between each other just resonated with me on some other level. I’ve been meaning to re-read it ever since but just haven’t found the time.
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden – This is a book that I listened to in audio a while back and for whatever reason it just didn’t work for me. I don’t remember much about the book at all! I think it was a format issue for me (sometimes I zone out with audio) so I want to try it in print and see what happens! Maybe I’ll end up loving it the 2nd time around.
- Fire and Hemlock by Diana Wynne Jones – I read this one a really long time ago and back then it was one of my favorites. It’s a very strange book with a lot of atmosphere. I’d love to see how it holds up to the me of today.
- The Vampire Empire series by Susan and Clay Griffith – These books are just so much fun! I read them right before I started reviewing books here full time and I’d love to reread them so I could do proper reviews for them but also because they’re just my type of bread, butter and jam. Vampires! Steampunk! Post-apocolyptic setting! Alternate history! Romance! Also one of the main characters is a vampire who is a super badass super hero legend who is low-key fighting other vampires to help the humans but also is somewhat shy and lives as a kind of recluse in a Scottish castle and is friends with cats. If there was ever a book series that was written specifically to appeal to me, it would be this one.
- The House of Shattered Wings by Aliette de Bodard – I read this book a while ago and this was also and audio read. I remember loving the book at the time, it felt so very gothic and some parts of it gave me some strong Haibane Renmei vibes. But I don’t remember much about the characters and plot! And this is a series I definitely want to continue reading so I must go back and reread book one. I’m going to read it in print next time and hope it sticks!
So, these are just a few of the books and series that I’d love to reread. We’ll see if I can squeeze them in some time this year. Do you have any books that you want to reread? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!