This Week in Reading: Working on the TBR

Hello all! We’ve had a very interesting first week of 2021 here in the US. So, needless to say I lost some time to being distracted. Nevertheless I managed to finish three books – and all three of them were a combo of speculative fiction and romance. I guess I’ve been in a romance mood. One of the books was an eARC so now I only have one of them left to get to and then it’s all mood reading all the time. Woot!

This week I’ll be working on two books from my January TBR pile. Still mood reading though! So I guess my 2021 plans are coming together so far. πŸ˜‰

This week in print I’ll be reading The Mask of Mirrors by M. A. Carrick. This is one I’m super excited for so I can’t wait to see what it’s all about. πŸ˜€

In audio I’m still working on Battle Ground by Jim Butcher. So many mixed reviews on this one but so far I’m enjoying it. Of course I’m not that far into it so I guess we’ll see if I change my mind at some point.

So that’s about it for my plans for this week. Work has been super busy lately and I’ve been pretty tired and zoning out when I get home, but I’m hoping I’ll still be able to get some reading time in. I also have some blogging stuff I want to catch up on and get ahead of. We’ll see how it goes! What are you’re reading plans for this week? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!

26 thoughts on “This Week in Reading: Working on the TBR

1. mistysbookspace says:

I’m hoping to be finishing 3 books this week. I need to finish Anne of Ingleside, The Dead Zone and Legally Blind Luck I would also really like to make some more progress on A Map for Wrecked Girls and maybe even start another book or two.

2. evelynreads1 says:

I’m very curious to your thoguhts on The Mask of Mirrors! That one sounds so good!
    I’m currently read A Memory Called Empire!

(www.evelynreads.com)

I didn’t realize it was such a large book (since I have an ebook copy). I’m enjoying it so far but I’m also only about 5% in and I can already tell it’s going to take me a while to read it hah.

3. Sammie @ The Bookwyrm's Den says:

Well, you know, 2021 has big shoes to fill after 2020, so it had to start with a bang, you know. xD Someone tell 2021 it’s not a competition, please.

I’m really looking forward to reading The Mask of Mirrors myself, so I’m looking forward to hearing what you think of it when you’re done!

LOL – I guess that’s true enough haha. I’m really going to need 2021 to slow its roll though. Some people I know are talking about how they think we’re about to go under martial law in the next few days and I’m just like ‘can we go back to 2020 please?’

I’m enjoying The Mask of Mirrors so far, but I’m only like 6% in. πŸ™‚

4. Gemma (abookishblether) says:

The cover of Mask of Mirrors has me so intrigued. I’m trying to read City of Brass this week, and I’d love to pick up a couple arcs as well.

Your instagram account is one of my favourites by the way, your posts are full of books I love!

I’ll admit a large part of the appeal was the cover LOL.
      Oh, I wound up LOVING City of Brass–hope you enjoy it!
      Awww, thanks! I’ve always thought it was kind of boring because I don’t do all those fancy book poses hahaha. πŸ™‚

Oh, you’re a bit further than me, I think I’m about 23%. I’m hoping to finish it up this weekend but we’ll see–it’s a long one and like you said not a quick read. I’m enjoying it too though, there’s lots of moving pieces and the con angle is pretty interesting. πŸ™‚