Ah, it’s that time of year again – to discuss my goals for the year. I think this will be a pretty short post because things are simple this time around since I’m trying to stick to mood reading for most of the year and my blogging will follow suit.
- Goodreads Challenge – 100 Books. I’ve had this set for the last few years and have smashed it so it’s not a huge ‘challenge’ anymore but it’s a goal I always set for myself nevertheless
- Continue to read sequels / work on finishing off series I’ve started. This is low-key a goal of mine every year. I do pretty good with it but also I start so many new series each year it feels like this will always be a reoccurring goal. 🙂
- Only request ARCs / accept review requests if the book would fit my mood. This is a big one. There’s a lot of books that I’m excited for but there are specific types of books that are ‘mood reads’ for me. Usually if they have a lot of romance or comfort or are by a favorite author then I’m good to go. I’ve gotten myself stressed over having to read books on a schedule so I’m really cutting back on review books, again. I didn’t accept a lot last year and I’m going with the same strategy this year as it’s worked out well.
- Small monthly TBR’s. I’m sticking with smaller TBR’s this year as that’s seemed to work out well through most of 2020 for me.
- Stop joining so many challenges. I have a problem and it’s that I like to join in things. So I’m going to do my best to just say no. LOL
- Plan ahead for blogging. I’ve been trying to stay ahead of my blogging–making sure I read any review requests in a timely manner and also have a bank of scheduled posts. Having a calendar for my blogging has been a HUGE help in staying ahead of things and I’m continuing with that this year.
And that’s about it. I’m trying not to stress myself out over blogging and reading this year. Inevitably I will because I can’t help but put a lot of pressure on myself (it’s just the type of person I am) but I’m going to try not to and at the very least try and not add anything extra that will make me stress too much. Do you have any goals this year? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!