The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Random News And Goings-On
The past couple of weeks have been rough. Lot’s of mini-crises related to the renovation, but the kitchen does finally seem to be coming along. We might have to wait forever for a range though! Twice one was ordered and twice it came in damaged and now it’s once again back ordered until mid-November due to supply chain issues because of the pandemic. Oh well. Anywho, because of STRESS, I wasn’t around much and fell behind in blog hopping big time. Hoping to catch up on that soon. I also fell behind on keeping up with my scheduled posts a bit (I’m still ahead by a lot but not as much as before, at least I had this huge cushion built in!). But I’ve decided I’m probably not going to do NaNoWriMo this year, once again I just have too much stuff going on and trying to do that and keep up with everything else will be too much. Womp womp. But, in good news, books! Over the past few months I’ve been on a bit of a pre-order spree, you can see what I’m expecting in this thread:
New Book Arrivals at Way Too Fantasy
- The Once & Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow – an early birthday present from my husband because he was afraid that I would buy it before he had a chance to give it to me (hah!)
- Unconquerable Sun by Kate Elliott – my signed UK edition finally arrived! So exciting!
I didn’t go too crazy getting ebooks over the last two weeks. But I did notice a couple were on sale that I had wanted to pick up when I was going through and adding books to my book wishlist, so I went ahead and picked those up for myself because it’s Treat Yourself 2020.
- Opium and Absinthe by Lydia Kang – this was on sale for 1.99 so I couldn’t resist!
- My pre-order of Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade came in–read this one right away, it was SO GOOD.
- I also picked up another romance, The Sword Dancer by Jeannie Lin. I don’t remember where I heard of this book but when I was going through my ‘want to read’ list it popped up and I was like ‘oh that does sound good, thanks past me!’
- And yet another Romance pre-order, Division Bells by Iona Datt Sharma came in (also read this one over the last week and it was also excellent!)
- And last but not least, The Earl I Ruined by Scarlett Peckham was on sale so I picked that up.
- The Ghosts of Sherwood and The Heirs of Locksley by Carrie Vaughn. I went to add these too my book wishlist and saw that they were only 3.99 each for the kindle versions so I thought, why not? LOL
So yeah, not many SFF books this time around but sometimes I just need to flood myself with Romance books. 😀
I didn’t buy any new audiobooks this time around BUT, I did take advantage of audible’s new program where some titles are included with membership and downloaded The Shadowglass by Rin Chupeco and have been listening to that one over the past week.
That’s the news for this week, see you next time!
8 thoughts on “The Sunday Post #44”
Ugh, sorry to hear about the kitchen woes. I work for a furniture dealer and since the pandemic its been a struggle to get stuff shipped. So I feel your pain about your range! I also have the Goldsboro Bone Shard Daughter on the way. And wow you’ve got some good books, hope you love The Once and Future Witches as much as I did!
Yeah, there’s a huge problem with production chain in general due to the pandemic. It’s tough trying to get anything done right now.
Haha, thanks! I hope both of our copies of Bone Shard Daughter arrive soon!
Ooh, looks like you have some good books on the way!! i’m excited to see what you think of the once and future witches💜
Thanks! I’m hoping I’ll love it, I’ve heard nothing but good things so far. 😀
I am sorry for the kitchen delay!! But how many books!! 😍
Books are what’s sustaining me right now hahaha
Well, I do know how the kitchen worked out 😀
Made me laugh that your husband had to give you your prezzie early because you were likely to buy it
🙂 He knows me well! Haha.