Well, September was a crazy month for me filled with Chaos. Business at work continued to drop off which means all our jobs are on the line if sales don’t pick up soon so, anxiety. I also spent the entire month getting my bathroom renovated. And then my husband and I bought him a brand new car because why not? I will be so glad when this year is over hahahaha.
Despite all the chaos I still managed to have a pretty good month in reading, although I did have a little mini-slump near the end. Hopefully that won’t carry over into October because I have plans and I need to stay motivated!
Overall I managed to finish twelve books over September, which is about three per week on average so not bad at all!
- 12 novels
- 10 Speculative Fiction (2 Science Fiction, 2 Paranormal Mystery, 2 YA Fantasy, 4 Adult Fantasy)
- 2 Romance (1Contemporary, 1 Historical)
Favorite Reads of the Month:
Even though I enjoyed all my reading this past month, only a couple of books REALLY stood out to me above and beyond the others. That’s not to say the other books I read were bad by any means, but in a month of feeling very ‘meh’ these books made me get excited and feel lots of feelings.
- The Midnight Bargain by C. L. Polk – I just LOVED this one. It was a dose of feminism and social commentary that also had a very enjoyable romance. The magic was interesting and I loved the characters. Overall a fantastic read that I will be pushing on people.
- Heart of Stone by Johannes T. Evans – Another book that I absolutely LOVED. This one is a historical queer romance featuring a vampire and it’s everything I love in a book. Gentle characters, slice of life storytelling, and the romance actually IS the plot for once. I just….really loved this book, y’all.
September’s Book Reviews:
I managed to get out 9 reviews in September, which is pretty average for me. I try to do two a week and it worked out well this past month!
- Amber & Dusk by Lyra Selene – 4/5 stars
- The Queen’s Road by R.S. Belcher – 4/5 stars
- Vita Nostra by Marina and Sergey Dyachenko – 5/5 stars
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton – 4/5 stars
- Lord of Stariel by A.J. Lancaster – 5/5 stars
- The Spirit War by Rachel Aaron – 4.5/5 stars
- Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop – 4.5/5 stars
- The Midnight Bargain by C. L. Polk – 5/5 stars
- Mary Quirk and the Secret of Umbrum Hall by Anna St. Vincent – 4/5 stars
- Twenty Books of Summer Wrap Up
- On Book Recommendations
- The TBR Tag
- The Waffle Book Tag
- 90’s Music Book Tag
Plans for October:
First let’s take a step back and see how I did with September’s plans. I wanted to continue mood reading–check! I also wanted to try and get a couple of more bingo books read and I got one read so that’s not too bad. It’s progress at least!
For October I plan to have my blog be *mostly* Halloween themed. As a consequence my TBR will also reflect that. I still hope to do mood reading and make more progress on my bingo card–we’ll see how that goes though. I also have one or two more ARCs that I’d like to get read and maybe do some reading as prep for Sci-Fi month in November. That sounds like a lot but I think there’s some overlap in those goals so it shouldn’t be too hard to hit a few of them. 🙂
And, that about sums things up. How was your month? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!