Well, I had so much fun making progress on my TBR with the 20 Books of Summer Challenge run by Cathy at 746 Books, that I’ve been inspired to make a TBR list for the Autumn! (Thanks, Cathy, I owe this all to you!) Going to run this from September 3rd through December 3rd and see how many of these I can cross of my list.
Rewind Challenge Books
Since I’m doing Tammy’s Rewind Challenge, where the goal is to read some books from our backlists before the end of the year, I’m going to add a few of those to this list. I chose five books altogether for the challenge. Here are the three I’m going to read first.
- The Fated Sky by Mary Robinette Kowal – physical book
- City of Lies by Sam Hawke – physical book
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco – physical book
r/Fantasy Bingo Books
These are some books featuring vampires that will count for bingo. Two of them are also anticipated reads for Fall, so that works out as a double bonus for me! The other three I’m specifically reading just for bingo.
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow – audiobook
- Grave Importance by Vivian Shaw – physical book
- Crimson Nightmare by Zoey Rivera – ebook
- Those Who Hunt the Night by Barbara Hambly – audiobook
- Slayer by Kiersten White – audiobook
This is a mix between books released earlier in the year that I haven’t gotten to yet, and books that will be released this Fall. There are quite a few books coming out this Autumn that I’m looking forward to, but I know I won’t get to all of them so I only added the highest priority books here, since these are the ones I’ll most likely be picking up anyway.
- Wicked Fox by Kat Cho – audiobook
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim – physical book
- Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa – audiobook
- Dark Age by Pierce Brown – audiobook
- Part-Time Gods by Rachel Aaron – audiobook
- This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal el-Mohtar & Max Gladstone – physical book
- Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh – physical book
- Master of the World by Edward Willett – eARC – Due before Sept 10th
- To Be Taught, If Fortunate by Becky Chambers – physical book
- Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell – audiobook
- Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff – audiobook
- Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Steifvater – audiobook
- The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black – physical book
Book Club Books
These are books for various book clubs I’m a part of / run. I don’t know what all of these will be yet, we do monthly polls for HEA. But I think it’s important I reserve a slot for them.
- Sept HEA book – TBD
- Oct HEA book – TBD
- Nov HEA book – TBD
- Salem’s Lot by Stephen King – Fancy Tea Book Club – due October
These are books I’d also like to get to and if I have time I will squeeze them in, if not they’ll stay in my TBR for a little while longer.
- Bobbles & Broomsticks by Nancy Warren – ebook
- Siege & Sacrifice by Charlie N. Holmberg – physical book
- Desdemona and the Deep by C.S.E. Cooney – ebook
- The Lady Rogue by Jenn Bennett – physical book (for review)
- The Vine Witch by Luanne G. Smith – physical book (for review)
Leftovers from Summer TBR
You may notice that these are TBD slots. These are for books that I’m anticipating not finishing from my Summer TBR pile–not sure which books they’ll be yet! Not to worry, the titles will be added on my first update post. Ideally….I’ll have finished my Summer TBR before September 3rd. But….well, we all know how plans go. 🙂
To Sum Up
I think I have a good mix of print and audio this time around. With more audios, that makes this list a little more doable, but we’ll see how things go. Also, several of these are shorter books and / or novellas, so I think that will help me get through more of these as well (I know this list seems ambitious). The only two that I see might take me longer to get through would be City of Lies, Salem’s Lot, and Dark Age – only because I sometimes have issues getting through epics quickly, same with thick tomes. Dark Age is almost 34 hours long. Wait. Let me state that again. 34 HOURS LONG. (Whyyyyyyyy). Ahem. Still, I feel good about this mix of books and I’m looking forward to seeing how I do with this ambitious TBR. Wish me luck!