The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Random News And Goings-On
This past week has been another crazy one, things just won’t let up apparently. (Did I do something terrible in a past life?) So, on Monday my boss came up to the office to let me know that he hit my car in our parking lot with his van, because he wasn’t looking when he was backing out and he swung back and to the the right thinking there was no one parked there. But I was parked there. Considering my car is bright green and kind of hard to miss…well, I was baffled at how this happened (oh, well, I know how it happened but I’m trying to be nice). Anywho. I took Tuesday off of work to mourn my luck and worked on reading after dropping my car off at the body shop. I won’t get my car back until next week some time. Meanwhile at work, my boss keeps bringing it up and making light jokes because he’s trying to play it off as being funny because he doesn’t know how to read a room. Siiiiiigh.
In other news, I discovered that I’m somewhat related by marriage to an author whose book I read and reviewed earlier this year. Her husband is my dad’s cousin’s son, so he’s my second cousin and his mom is actually my godmother. We used to be close with that branch of the family when I was younger (obviously since there’s the whole godmother thing) but grew apart some time in my childhood so I have never met this author but I’ll get a chance to later this year at our local book festival and now I’m like ‘omg, should I mention that I’m related to her family or will that seem weird and stalker-y?’.
Other than that, went over our friend’s house on Saturday night to play board games and hang out. I also got some reading done this week, but more on that tomorrow.
New Book Arrivals at Way Too Fantasy
Only one book this week – Sabella, or The Bloodstone by Tanith Lee. The only physical book I picked up so far for r/fantasy book bingo.
I did haul a few from the library when I went to go pick up my bookclub book I had on hold (I have NO idea when I will find time to read those but it seemed like a good idea at the time!).
I picked up a few books this week (audio and ebooks) in anticipation of working on my vampire themed r/fantasy bingo card sometime in the near future. Hopefully I’ll get to them!
- Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin – this is for my Second Chance square for bingo. This was a tough square to pick for because I don’t bounce hard off of a ton of things, I think because I’m good at avoiding things which I don’t love to begin with. Still, Martin. I started GoT, but then put it down and never picked it up again. I was enjoying it, so not sure why I never picked it back up. Nevertheless, GRRM has become a good author for me to try again with this bingo square.
- Those Who Hunt the Night by Barbara Hambly – for my ‘personal recommendation from r/fantasy’ square. Janny Wurts recommended this one to me when I was looking for vampire books for bingo. Actually, I’m pretty sure she had recommended it to me before on r/fantasy a year or two ago, and I just haven’t gotten around to it. Bingo makes a good excuse to finally pick this one up!
- Slayer: Slayer, Book 1 by Kiersten White – this will be for my media tie-in novel for bingo. I’m excited, I’ve never read a Buffy tie in novel before! Very much looking forward to this one.
Most of these are for bingo for some time in the near future, but not all of them! There were also sales and a couple of pre-orders came in.
- My Soul to Keep by Tananarive Due – this is a book featuring vampires based in Africa. Planning on using this for my Afro-futurism square for bingo. Should be interesting!
- Bloodlines: Vampire Twins #1 by Janice Harrell – this one looks cheesy and like something middle school me would have loved so I had to pick up a copy for my Twins square for bingo.
- A Conspiracy of Truths by Alexandra Rowland – have heard interesting things about this one and it was on sale. Who can resist a sale??
- Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur – I have heard this book is weird and maybe not great but I am prepared to go in for my Australian Author square for bingo!
I also picked up a few new romance novels — The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai, A Little Light Mischief by Cat Sebastian, and The Firstborn by Quenby Olson.
Posts to Check Out from the Book Blogging Community
I was really bad a blog hopping again last week. I’ve been super stressed due to…well…everything. Hopefully I’ll be back in form next week. Still, here are some posts I’ve come across in my readings, hope you enjoy them as much as I did. 🙂
Kelly @ Another Book in the Wall has a fantastic post on how to motivate yourself to start a book review. Love it! Motivating myself to write reviews can be a real problem sometimes! Great post, Kelly!
Sharade @ The Fantasy Inn has a fantastic review of one of my fave series, The Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo. Love to see so much love for this series. 🙂
Fiona @ Fi’s Bibliofiles has a bullet journal for the N.E.W.T.s reading challenge and I am impressed!!!! I love this level of organization and I may also love buju’s even if I have neglected my own for a while. 😀
Kal @ Reader Voracious has another great post in her Reading Around the Globe series. I keep saying this, but this really is one of my favorite post series ever. ❤
Witty & Sarcastic Bookclub is talking about Classics! There are lots of great books mentioned here. I really need to read The Three Musketeers at some point!
Merline @ Merline Reads has a great review of The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang. She said this book finished her, I can relate LOL!
Evelyn @ Evelyn Reads is talking about some of the books she wants to reread. I love this topic! There are ton of books I’d love to reread but I only do a few a year, there’s just so many new books always coming out it’s so hard to find the time. 🙂
Keikii @ Keikii Eats Books has another Trope Time post, this time discussing the amnesia trope. Great post for one of the few tropes that I fully dread, lol. 😀
That’s all the news I have for now, until next week!