Ah, here we go with another lovely reading challenge! Just when I thought I didn’t have enough reading challenges, I’m adding one more to my plate because, why not? Also, this one seems super fun!
I saw this challenge at onemore.org and thought it looked super fun so I thought I’d join in. This challenge is created and hosted by Cathy from 746 Books. The rules are simple – pick 20 books (or 10 or 15) to read over the Summer (June 3rd-September 3rd) in order to reduce our TBR piles. Or in some of our cases (definitely in my case) our TBR mountains. 😀
I’m going to have a mix of physical books and ebooks and maybe even an audiobook thrown in for good measure. All of my TBR’s are fairly out of control, but mostly my physical, so I think my concentration will be on that for the most part. Also, because I tend to average around 12-14 books per month, I’m going to up my goal and make it 25 Books of Summer. Let’s get ambitious and clear some books off my plate!
Physical Books in the TBR Mountain
This is my biggest and most ambitious pile. I don’t tend to go through as many physical copies now days and yet I keep on acquiring them anyway. Eep! Most of these are books that have come out this year and I haven’t had time to read them yet for one reason or another. Looking forward to, hopefully, reducing this pile! (Or at least replacing them with other titles, heh.) These range from Adult SFF to YA to a couple of Middle Grade books. Two of these were books sent for review, the rest are all on me. So, in no particular order:
- Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto
- Dreams of the Dark Sky by Tina LeCount Myers
- Riverland by Fran Wilde
- Asha and the Spirit Bird by Jasbinder Bilan
- The Beast’s Heart by Leife Shallcross
- An Illusion of Thieves by Cate Glass
- Storm of Locusts by Rebecca Roanhorse
- Myths & Mortals by Charlie N. Holmberg
- The Book of Flora by Meg Elison
eARC’s in the TBR Mountain
I have three eARC’s I need to read over the Summer, some sooner rather than later.
- The Dragon Republic by R. F. Kuang
- The Girl With No Face by M. H. Boroson
- A Song For a New Day by Sarah Pinsker
I’m extremely excited to get to all of these! Two are sequels to books I’ve loved and A Song For a New Day is Sarah Pinsker’s debut novel.
Other eBooks in the TBR Mountain
Not only do I hoard physical books, but ebooks are becoming an increasing problem! Whoops! All but two of these are review copies that I am really behind on. Double whoops! Too many books, so little time! Plus I have a tendency to over-commit. Heh.
- The Blood Prince by Josie Jaffrey
- Lace and Lies by Nancy Warren
- The Hidden Face by S. C. Flynn
- Clock’s Watch II: Daughters of the Black Moon by Michael Reyes
- The Spec Set by Taya Okerlund
- Under Ordshaw by Phil Williams
- Wagers of Fate by Noureddine Hifad
- Sunkissed Feathers & Severed Ties by Kellie Doherty
Audiobooks in the TBR Mountain
Ah yes, even my audiobooks are starting to pile up!
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
- Last Bastion by Rachel Aaron and Travis Bach
- Beautiful by Juliet Marillier
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Touch by Claire North
So, that is my Summer TBR pile, such as it is. I’ve left some room for additions because I know I’ll end up with a lot more audio than what I’ve listed here (even though some of these are quite long). I may even end up shifting some of the physical books into audio just because I tend to have more time for audio these days. I also have to read some books for my r/fantasy Book Bingo challenge, where I’ve decided to do an all vampire themed card so I may have to go looking for books there. I left myself some space for books outside of SFF (I need my romances!) but hopefully I’ll stay mostly on track. All that being said, I think I’m being ambitious. I am a creature at the mercy of my moods, after all. We’ll see how it goes!