The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. I mostly use it to catch everyone up on real-life shenanigans, latest book hauls, and how things have been going in general.
Random News And Goings-On
Last week was another tough one–things are still crazy busy at work and when I get home I haven’t felt like doing much. Took my kitty to get the ultrasound on Monday and the results weren’t good. I talked to the vet again on Friday and she said that it’s hard to say how long Lily will be around, but she suspects weeks to a month. So we’re just taking things day by day for now and monitoring how she seems to be feeling and stuff. It’s tough but it’s part of life and part of being a pet-owner.
In other news I went to the first big family event since Christmas of 2019. My cousin and her husband renewed their vowels but since they never had a wedding it was basically the wedding they never had. Full out wedding. It was nice. It was on this former farm out in the middle of no where, the barn is converted into a hall of sorts. It was quirky and rustic and somehow posh all at the same time. It was good to see some of my (many – mom is one of eight) aunts and uncles and a few of my cousins and just catch up for a bit. To be honest I hate those kinds of events and I really didn’t want to go because I’m anti-social (til you get me somewhere) and I would ALWAYS rather be home reading, but…it turned out to be a nice time. I wish I looked better but not much to do when I’m working with what I got. All my cousins look like models and I got hit with an ugly stick LOL. Ah well. 😉
I’m easing my way back into blogging more. I have a TON of stuff to catch up on. Lots of posts to write. Tons of reviews to get out. People to catch up with. So expect some activity from me sometime within the next week. I also have A LOT of reading to do for May because I fell a bit behind last month. Today I’ll be concentrating on reading but might try to work on some posts as well. Although it’s super nice outside so who knows, I may decide on something else entirely and take advantage of the weather.
New Book Arrivals at Way Too Fantasy
only one new physical book this week, Witches Steeped in Gold by Ciannon Smart. I’m intrigued by this one because of the rivalry and revenge aspects–I do love a good rivalry and revenge can be fun. It will probably be a while before I get to this in all honesty because my TBR is out of control but I do hope to check it out soon!
I did go on a bit of an ebook SPLURGE last week. I also pre-ordered a bunch of ebooks but I’ll talk about those once they come in so as not to shame myself for my many purchases. 😉 The majority of these are romance which just goes to show what kind of mood I was in. (Comfort reads – everything is comfort reads.)
- The Care and Feeding of Waspish Widows by Olivia Waite – I read the first one in this series and really enjoyed it. I’ll admit that I have been avoiding book 2 since it came out because I’m not a fan of the cover (look, I’m shallow, okay?) but I finally picked it up and hope to get to it soon.
- Hana Khan Carries On by Uzma Jalaluddin – I had heard of this author before but haven’t gotten around to checking out her books, this is a new one for 2021 and it was on this giant list of romances coming out this year and it really caught my eye.
- Sweethand by N.G. Peltier – don’t know much about this one either but it was also on that list of romances for 2021 and it looks good. Plus it’s a foodie romance which I can always get behind. 😉
- Well Played by Jen DeLuca – this is the 2nd book in her RenFaire romances and I’m really loving these books! Read this one last week already.
- The Devil Comes Courting by Courtney Milan – Finally the next book in the Worth Saga is out! I read this one last week and enjoyed it a lot, the way the romance played out in this one was really different.
- Mary Quirk and the Twilight of Paso Cerrado by Anna St. Vincent – the only non-romance on my list this week. This is a sequel to a series I started last year. YA, quite enjoyable, the world is really intriguing and I do love things with a mystery solving bent to them.
Still no new audio! I’m hoping by mid-summer to start making some new purchases. 🙂
Well, that’s everything for now, see you next time!
12 thoughts on “The Sunday Post #57”
Very saddened to hear about your Kitty, it’s tough when a beloved pet’s time is nearing the end. Just shower her with lots of love and affection and treats and enjoy the time you have left together 🙂
I’ve been a bit remiss in my blog-hopping so probs got some of yours to catch up on! As always, I’m looking forward to the glut of stuff you’ve got in the works too 😃
Thank you! Yeah, it’s tough to go through. ❤
I have been *super* bad at blog hopping. Hope to get back to it this week to catch up with everyone myself.
I’m sorry to hear about your kitty. That’s always tough. Being owned by animals is so rewarding but incredibly heartbreaking at the end. ❤
Thank you. And yes, it is. ❤
I hope you can relax today and just enjoy reading. Its so hard to “catch up,” sometimes you have to just start over, maybe skip some reviews so you don’t drive yourself crazy. So sorry about Lily, I have two senior dogs and every day I feel lucky that they are still with me.
Thanks, Tammy. Yeah I probably won’t start trying to catch up til tomorrow because I’m enjoying sitting out on my porch reading right now. Can’t squander this beautiful weather while it lasts.
It’s tough having pets sometimes, especially when they get older. But they are also our loves. ❤
Sorry about your cat 🥺 I hope you get the time you need with them.
But your new books looks great! I hope you like them 😊
Thank you, I’ve. ❤
I've enjoyed the couple I've read so far!
Oh no, very sorry to hear about your kitty, what is wrong with it? The family event sounds fun, though. I am exactly the same – typically I don’t really wanna go, but once I’m there, I always have fun.
Thank you. She has a large cancerous mass in her colon. Can’t operate because she has a heart murmur and is also an elder cat so just doing our best to keep her comfy til things get worse.
It was fun to see my family!
Your family event sounds lovely – I’m a bit like you in that I never want to go but then I enjoy myself when I get there.
It was really nice! Of course I would have also loved to have been home reading but it was nice to see people too. 🙂