The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. I mostly use it to catch everyone up on real-life shenanigans, latest book hauls, and how things have been going in general.
Random News And Goings-On
Sorry this is late! I let the weekend get a head of me and such. My husband is sick (a stomach virus he thinks–I hope, I am washing my hands vigorously after tending him because I was really scared he might have covid yesterday). Anyway, he is feeling a bit better this morning so I’m working on catching up on things.
Some of you have already seen this but I finished my first ever dollhouse kit! This was so much fun to put together and I got a lot more audiobook time in while working on it. I’ve already begun working on my second kit. I guess I’m making a village now or something haha.
My reading has been pretty crap so far this week and I’m trying to catch up on books today, we’ll see how that goes, more on that tomorrow! I also got a bit behind blogging and we’ll see how much of that I get done today too. 🙂
New Book Arrivals at Way Too Fantasy
I have gotten quite a lot of physical books since I last posted one of these. I’m still in book acquiring mode, I guess. I should probably slow down but I also don’t want to. 😀
- A Summoning of Demons by Cate Glass. This is the third book to this series, looking forward to catching up!
- I also picked up Fireheart Tiger by Aliette de Bodard. I had this one on pre-order for a looooong time.
- The Relentless Moon by Mary Robinette Kowal, Hollow Empire by Sam Hawke, Gods of Jade and Shadow by Silvia Moreno-Garcia, and The Vanished Birds by Simon Jimenez were all books my husband picked up for me when we were out for Valentine’s day.
But wait, there’s more!
- The Library of the Dead by T.L. Huchu is a Goldsboro Fellowship book that arrived (I really love their monthly book program).
- Bacchanal by Veronica Henry was sent to me via Wunderkind PR. Thanks much to the kind folks there and those at 47North for providing this ARC.
- Everything That Burns is the sequel to Enchantee which now has a new title (All that Glitters). Looking forward to this one! I quite enjoyed book one.
I’ve gotten several new ebooks as well–can’t resist some deals! And I had a few pre-orders arrive. Good thing I had pre-ordered because I had totally forgotten about them LOL.
- Sun-Daughters, Sea-Daughters by Aimie Ogden. This one seemed really interesting so I had to pick it up! Also it’s published by Tor.com and so far they haven’t steered me wrong.
- The Gentle Art of Fortune Hunting by K.J. Charles. Look, I’m always going to buy the new K.J. Charles. She has a new book coming out? I’m on it. 😀
- Herringbones & Hexes by Nancy Warren. This is the latest Vampire Knitting Club book, huzzah! – Read this one already and had a lot of fun with it.
- Paladin’s Strength by T. Kingfisher. Even though I still have to read Paladin’s Grace, oh well. I wasn’t going to pass this one by.
- Crush by Tracy Wolff. This is the second of her Crave series which I am reading because sometimes I love ridiculous books. 🙂
That’s the news for this week, see you next time!
16 thoughts on “The Sunday Post #52”
I love your dollhouse! I hope you have a great week!
Aww, I hope your husband gets well soon.
Love the dollhouse. It’s so cute!
Thanks, he’s feeling much better this morning.
You’ve gotten me curious about those dollhouses! I’m also hoping Bacchanal will be good, and I got an ARC of The Library of the Dead so I’m looking forward to checking that out as well. I’m glad your husband is feeling better and hope he’ll continue to be on the mend!
They’re super cute and oddly satisfying to assemble. I need to get some more things done around my house before I start my new one though lol. 🙂
The Library of the Dead looks really good–hope we both enjoy it!
Thanks, he seemed much better this morning.
I hope your husband would get well soon!!
On another note, the dollhouse is the cutest!! 😍
Thanks, Susy! He seems to be doing a lot better this morning–hopefully one more day of rest does the trick. 🙂
Isn’t it? I love it so much, it’s so adorable.
The takoyaki shop is just so cute!! (Is it a takoyaki shop, right?)
Yep, takoyaki shop! I am looking forward to starting my new one, maybe next week (gotta catch up on my reading first haha).
Man, I still need to get my hands on Hollow Empire!
Yeah, I wanted to pick up a copy before I forgot haha.
Hope your husband is feeling better.
Oh wow, that dollhouse looks fantastic, you must have a lot of patience to be able to make something like that.
Thanks, he’s pretty much back to normal now, thank goodness. 🙂
Thank you! I don’t really have much patience! I’m not sure how I managed it except as you finish each little part it does give one a sense of satisfaction. 🙂
I love your dollhouse. Love it. What’s your second one – hope you post a picture soon 😀
Thanks, Lynn! My 2nd one is a little grocery store. I haven’t started on it yet, maybe soon though. 🙂