Somehow I did even better this month with reading even though it was a short month and I suddenly took up a new hobby halfway through the month! Well, that’s weird but I’m not going to knock it. I’m not sure how I managed to read so much and mostly keep up with blogging and other activities…oh right, I totally neglected the majority of my housework. Well, I’ll be paying for that later, I’m sure. 😉
I managed to finish a total of 14 books. Or I will by the end of the weekend anyway, I have two that I’m currently working on wrapping up over the next day and a half so by the end of Feb my total will be 14. That’s a lot! I’m exhausted!
- 14 novels, 0 novellas
- 9 Speculative Fiction–8 Fantasy, 1 Science Fiction
- 5 Romance–3 Historical Romance, 2 Contemporary
- 5 YA, 9 Adult
Favorite Reads of the Month:
Once again I read a lot of good books this past month, and one really not great one (but I won’t get into that here). I have a feeling that one of the other ones I’m finishing up this weekend could also very much wind of being a favorite but since I’m posting this early…we’ll never know. 😉
- Realm of Ash by Tasha Suri. For whatever reason I resonated with this one much more than the sequel. I really loved the main characters (to be honest the one criticism is that other characters could be more developed) and the romance was achingly sweet. I also love how this expanded on the world building from the previous book and the magic was cool.
- The First Sister by Linden Lewis. This book was a wild ride. I did not know what to expect but holy moly. It really does have shades of The Handmaid’s Tale. But like if that were a space opera and had a lot more action and technology and also was influenced by anime.
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas. This book was so cute and kind of heartbreaking but then not heartbreaking and I loved the characters so much, especially Julian. Julian Diaz 4eva. ❤
February’s Book Reviews:
I did okay at keeping up with reviews early on in the month but now I have a bit of a backlog (I think I have 4 in my drafts folder). But I’ll catch up! These were my reviews from February in case you missed them.
- The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen – 4.5/5 stars
- The Mask of Mirrors by M.A. Carrick – 4.5/5 stars
- Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston – 4/5 stars
- Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin – 3.5/5 stars
- Battle Ground by Jim Butcher – 3/5 stars
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo – 3/5 stars
- Dragon Tamer by Ophelia Silk – 3/5 stars
- Realm of Ash by Tasha Suri – 4.5/5 stars
- Wings of Fury by Emily R. King – 4/5 stars
- Mini Reviews: Manga, Manga Manga
Not a whole lot of other posts this month other than memes and reviews, just these three book tags.
Plans for March:
First let’s take a step back and see how I did with February’s plans. For February I wanted to get my bingo card done and I did it! Well, not only did I finish filling up my bingo card from last year but I made the new one for this year. I still have to do my draft post and work out the details and definitions for the squares, but the main card is pretty set. Phew! My other plans included concentrating on my monthly TBR (done!) and mood reading (done!). Overall, I’d say February was a success!
For March I plan to work on a lot more stuff for bingo planning (like I said above although that’s not the only thing that needs to be done so…yeah. Bingo can be a lot of work.) Of course I do also want to mood read as much as possible but I also have two more (maybe three) review books to get through (look I am weak and have a hard time saying no sometimes especially when they’re books I want to read). Not too many plans because I know I’ll be busy with bingo stuff. I’m sure my reading will drop off a bit in March and April but I guess we’ll see! 🙂
And, that about sums things up. How was your month? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!