The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Random News And Goings-On
Well, a lot has happened in the world since the last time I posted one of these. It feels like a whole other year went by. But in my personal life things have mostly been going well. Still enjoying my new job, still enjoying my renovated rooms in my house, and I’ve been enjoying the heck out of spending some Christmas money. Honestly I don’t have much to complain about other than my usual depression which is worse due to seasonal depression but I’m so used to it at this point that it’s almost a non-issue. Almost because the time I do spend at home I feel super unmotivated to do any of the five-billion things that I should be getting done around the house. I’ve spent the last few weekends not getting out of my pjs and just watching Kdramas or reading or some combination. I’m sure whenever Spring starts kicking it I’ll get a bit of energy back.
I’ve been doing pretty good keeping up with blogging stuff. I’m ahead on posts and planning things out for down the line. Things are going pretty good (depression aside) which feels weird to be saying all things considered. I’ve also started working on creating the new 2021 r/fantasy bingo card so for those of you who follow along with that challenge–time to get excited!
New Book Arrivals at Way Too Fantasy
I’ve got some new books! A) I’ve been using some of my Christmas money to pick up some books on my wishlist. B) Some books I’d ordered a while ago have been trickling in still.
I ordered a couple of books from Tachyon Press when they had a sale around Christmas time. Really looking forward to both The Four Profound Weaves by R.B. Lemberg and Driftwood by Marie Brennan. Also, my copy of Silk & Steel anthology arrived! Super excited for this one as I joined this kickstarter relatively early on–as soon as I heard the premise I was on board. Last but certainly not least, I picked up physical copies of Melissa Caruso’s Swords & Fire series. It’s one of my favorites and I’d love to reread it at some point. You know. One day. When I discover the ability to make time last longer or something. 😉
I also got in a few other physical books! My preorder of The Ruthless Lady’s Guide to Wizardry by C.M. Waggoner came in. And also! Finally! My signed copy of Black Sun by Rebecca Roanhorse arrived! It took forever due to a series of mishaps but I’m so glad it’s finally here. Better late than never. ❤ Also, I received suprise book mail for the first time in…about 10 months. Thanks much to the publisher for sending out a copy of Unchosen by Katheryn Blair. This one certainly looks intriguing and I am LIVING for that cover art.
One other (not pictured) physical book I’ve got is one I picked up from the library last week – Jo & Laurie by Margaret Stohl and Melissa de la Cruz. This is the Little Women fanfic I’ve been dreaming of ever since first reading Little Women a bazillion years ago. I’ll admit I’m torn about going into this one. On the one hand–yes, the rewrite I’ve always wanted! On the other hand, well, this pretty much goes against everything Alcott would have wanted. Anywho. This was my first inter-library loan! I guess I really wanted to read this one without investing much into it haha. I’m reading it this weekend so we’ll see how it goes.
Also picked up quite a few new ebooks since last I posted one of these. What can I say? 2021 started off with a bang and I’m consoling myself with book buying. We all have our ways of coping.
- A Wizard’s Guide to Defensive Baking by T. Kingfisher – yay sales!
- Deal With the Devil by Kit Rocha – also yay sales! I’ve read another book by Rocha so I’m curious if this is any different being under a SFF imprint.
- Goblin King by Kar Barbieri – I really did not love the first book in this series. But I have an intense curiosity to see if the sequel is better or more of the same. There was a lot of potential in the world and I hope it’s expanded on here.
- To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo – this ebook is a library loan so I prioritized it and am finishing it up this weekend. I have a lot of THOUGHTS on this one so far. 😉
- The Effort by Claire Holroyde. I saw a review of this from Tammy over at Book, Bones & Buffy and it sounded fascinating so I had to pick up a copy. Just had to. Really didn’t have a choice in that matter. 🙂
- Annihilation Aria by Michael R. Underwood – I’ve been excited for this one since I first heard the author mention he had a new book coming out at Baltimore Book Fest a couple of years ago. I’ll admit it got lost in the shuffle of things but I was excited to see it on sale this past week so I picked up a copy. Yay, space opera!
That about sums up everything for now. Everyone stay safe out there! Until next time.