The Sunday Post #48

thesundaypost

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Random News And Goings-On

Things have been going pretty well. I’ve put up a very few Christmas decorations (tiny tree in the living room, some garland, and a wreath on the door) to get in the holiday spirit. Since the big party at my aunt’s house is cancelled this year (wouldn’t have went anyway even if it had been on–someone always brings a bug even pre-covid so….not taking any chances this year–we offered to have my parents and brother over our house for Christmas dinner. We’re looking forward to showing off the new kitchen and bathroom (although I’m sure my father will find fault with it somewhere, because that’s what he does). So we’ve been spending lots of time cleaning and making sure the house looks good.

The new job is going well and I’m settling in, getting a new routine down. I already feel like I’ve been there forever which is good. I’m so much happier there than my previous job. I can’t even begin to tell you what a relief that is, to come home and not have this huge weight of a horrible work day hanging off of me almost all the time. Now I just come home and feel…light and in a good mood.

Trying to get ahead in blogging again, but I’ve been feeling very unmotivated–ah, winter. The season of doldrums. At least there’s some time off coming up in the next couple of weeks so maybe I’ll get way ahead again. We’ll see.

New Book Arrivals at Way Too Fantasy

Physical Books

Some more books have arrived, yay! I bought a copy of The Heart Forger and Shadowglass by Rin Chupeco because I want to reread those in print at some point and I already had the first one so a matching set looks nice on my shelves. I don’t have pictures of those because I’m somewhat lazy right now. πŸ™‚

Also my Goldsboro edition of The Stone Knife by Anna Stephens showed up and it looks gorgeous! Love the sprayed edges.

I also have been collecting the manga of Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles. I’ve been a fan of CLAMP for years and have not yet read this long and interconnected saga. So I’m trying to track down copies on the cheap since my library doesn’t have them (boooo).

Ebooks

I’ve added a few new ebooks to the pile since last I posted one of these. To be fair, it has been a while. So. πŸ™‚

• Bitterburn by Ann Aguirre – twitter sold me this book LOL
  • Migrations by Charlotte McConacht – I had added this one to my want to read list a while back and when I was going through that recently and looking up books to add to my wish list I noticed it was on sale so I just picked up a copy. πŸ™‚
  • The Court of Mortals by A.J. Lancaster – I am continuing to love this series! This is book 3. I’m going to try holding off reading this for a bit because the final book comes out in Summer of 2021. We’ll see how long I can resist.
  • The Mask of Mirrors by M. A. Carrick – I SOMEHOW WON A GOODREADS GIVEAWAY WAAAAAAT??? Like, I hardly ever win things! So exciting! I’m so looking forward to this one!

For Review:

• The Galaxy, and the Ground Within by Becky Chambers – I was SUPER happy to be approved for this on Netgalley as Becky Chambers has become one of my favorite authors ever.
  • Winter’s Orbit by Everina Maxwell – I’m also super excited for this one! I didn’t think my request from Netgalley had been approved but when I checked yesterday, there it was waiting for me. Yay! I’ll be getting to this one shortly. πŸ™‚
  • Spellmaker by Charlie N. Holmberg – the sequel to Spellbreaker! Finishing this one up over the weekend so hopefully will be done by the time this posts. So far, it’s a lot of fun!
  • Blood Heir by Ilona Andrews – this review copy is for a book tour and I’m hoping to also get mostly through this one this weekend. I’m a HUGE fan of the Kate Daniels series so I’m very excited about this spin off series!

Audiobooks

The only new audiobook is a pre-order that had come out recently because my audible account is set to no credits right now. With me having hardly any commute I think I’m going to concentrate on my backlog before getting new titles. Anyway, happy to add A Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa Tahir to my TBR!

That’s the news for this week, see you next time!

29 thoughts on “The Sunday Post #48

1. Marta the Monogamist Reader says:

Tsubasa!! I loooove CLAMP, I read lots of their works (Clover my favourite) but sadly I haven’t read Tsubasa. I am struggling with juggling blog and work… I work from home now and after work my brain can’t take more computer screen. Hope you have a lovely Christmas dinner with your family.

I think my favorite CLAMP is Card Captor Sakura but it’s sooooo hard to choose because there’s so much great stuff. Clover was great but I wish it had continued!
      Hope that you get some needed rest–totally understand that struggle, it was hard for me earlier in the year when I was working from home.
      Thanks!

2. Tammy says:

I got my copy of The Stone Knife too, although sadly I canceled my GSFF subscription this week too, since I’m trying to find ways to cut back on unnecessary spending. And since I find I don’t want every book they send me, I feel its a waste of money. Sigh. Hope you have a good week, Lisa!

Thanks, Tammy! I skipped December’s book. I was going to skip January as well but I think I’ll give the Star Wars pick to my husband Totally understand wanting to cut down on expenses though! I cut a bunch out last month. Then I went and signed up for Owlcrate again because I hate myself. LOL.
      Thanks! I hope you have a good week too!

3. Pink Roses says:

Hello. I’d like to read The Mask of Mirrors – I hope you enjoy your win! i have nominated you for The Mystery Blog Award and I’ll be posting details tomorrow around noon – Irish time. Happy readings!

4. Realms of My Mind says:

I’m SO GLAD your new job is working out!! Congrats!

Tsubasa Chronicles! That was one of my starter anime back in the day, I loved it so much. Hopefully the manga is just as good! Ooo, I love your review pile, we’ve got a few in common. Looking like 2021 will be off to a good start for reading!

Thanks! It’s really chaotic sometimes but we’re working on getting things organized and I’m really loving it.

Oh wow, now I feel old HAHA. I think my starter anime that I watched where I actually KNEW it was anime was Sailor Moon back in the 90’s when it was the Canadian dub version being shown on US television….good times lol.

I really hope it will be! πŸ™‚

5. Mary Drover says:

I’m starting a new job after the new year, and I’m really hoping that it’s going to be as great as yours is sounding! And I’m so glad that you’re enjoying yours so much, you deserve a peaceful place to work!

6. @lynnsbooks says:

Tis the season to be jolly, but it’s also ‘SAD’ season too so easy to let the dark nights get on top of you. You sound like you’re doing great though, your house is looking awesome and you’re loving your new job – and work is such a big part of your life that it makes a huge difference when you’re happy there.
    Lynn πŸ˜€

Oh yes, on top of my regular depression that’s always floating around in the background I do get SAD as well, so fun times! I think that’s why I’ve been trying to relax with fun things and just go with the flow of my mood. πŸ™‚
      I’m doing great all things considered! And you’re absolutely right–having a better workplace has made a HUGE difference. At first I was scared of the change but it’s working out so well so far! πŸ™‚

7. JonBob says:

I’m quite a bit behind on blog hopping so realise this is somewhat late, but I’m glad your new job is working out well and you’re happier for it. I left a job I didn’t like a few years ago and it was honestly one of the best things I ever did. Here’s to brighter times ahead πŸ™‚