The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Random News And Goings-On
This past week was my first full week back at the office with my coworkers, one of which I hadn’t seen since March. On the one hand it’s nice seeing everyone and having more of a sense of normalcy. On the other hand I am reminded how toxic my boss makes our work environment because of the way he treats people and talks to them. So I’ve been ramping up my job search once again because its becoming unbearable there.
Other personal issues have not been at all bad this week other than being in a very up and down mood which has greatly affected my reading. I keep wanting to start new books instead of finishing the ones I’m reading. As of this writing I’m in the middle of five books. !!! I’m hoping I’ll be back into a reading groove this week!
We did make it out a little bit over the holiday weekend – went over my cousin’s house to hang out. Since everyone was outside the whole time and keeping our distances from each other it wasn’t bad – it was nice to see the family.
New Book Arrivals at Way Too Fantasy
My pre-orders came in! I pre-ordered these lovelies last year so that I could circumvent my book buying ban. I like to think I’m clever like that haha.
- A Declaration of The Rights of Magicians by H. G. Parry
- The Order of the Pure Moon Reflected in Water by Zen Cho
Only one ebook since last time, a historical romance called A Duke, The Lady, and a Baby by Vanessa Riley. Read this one shortly after picking it up.
Several new audiobooks this time around. Audible always gets me with their 2 for 1 credit sale!
- The Empire of Gold by S. A. Chakraborty – this was a pre-order that came in, currently in the process of listening to this one.
- Borne by Jeff VanderMeer – I mean, 2 for 1 credit, how could I refuse?
- Redshirts by John Scalzi – this was also in the 2 for 1 sale and I thought it was a good deal because I have this on my bingo card so if I don’t have time for the print book I can probably squeeze in the audio as it’s not too long of a recording.
I have one more credit left and I can’t decide what I want to order with it as there are three books coming out this month–two of which I definitely want to listen to on audio–Unravel the Dusk by Elizabeth Lim and Peace Talks by Jim Butcher. There’s also Unconquerable Sun by Kate Elliott but I’ll probably get that in hardback because I’d like to add it to my Kate Elliott shelf. 🙂
That’s the news for this week, see you next time!