October was a pretty good reading month for me, even though it felt like the pace slowed down once or twice, but I think that was all just because I was super busy and didn’t have time to read as much during at least one week.
I managed to finish sixteen books! Two of those were graphic novels/manga (one historical, one fantasy), two were novellas (both SFF), and eleven were novels (one romance, ten SFF, one horror). Not a bad month at all, I feel like I definitely made some progress with my TBR.
I also went to a book convention, Capclave, you can read about my recap here if you missed it.
Favorite Reads of the Month:
I honestly read a lot of great books in October, it’s hard to narrow down to just a few. Still, here are a couple of the highlights!
- The Girl with No Face by M.H. Boroson – It feels like forever that I waited for this sequel to come out, but you know what? Totally worth it. It’s a fantastic read. If you haven’t read this series yet, highly recommend picking up The Girl with Ghost Eyes. Seriously. Do it. 😀
- Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh – I loved this novella SO MUCH. It’s just my sort of thing. The prose was beautiful, I loved the POV character she chose to write from, loved pretty much everything about it.
- Wolfsong by TJ Klune – Never thought I’d love werewolves so much, this one has convinced me. Great paranormal shifter romance.
October’s Book Reviews:
Going to try a little bit of a new format this month, more streamlined, see how it works! Let me know what you think, or if you like the previous way with the individual book covers better. Is this more streamlined format better?
Not a bad month for reviews, thanks to mini-reviews I managed to get somewhat caught up!
- Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau-Preto – 3/5 stars
- Grave Importance by Vivian Shaw – 5/5 stars
- Master of the World by Edward Willett – 4/5 stars
- Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh – 5/5 stars
- Clock’s Watch II: Daughters of the Black Moon by Michael Reyes – 4/5 stars
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon – 4/5 stars
- The Girl with No Face by M.H. Boroson – 5/5 stars
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow – 5/5 stars
- Wolfsong by TJ Klune – 5/5 stars
- Bobbles and Broomsticks by Nancy Warren – 4.5/5 stars
- Slayer by Kiersten White – 3.5/5 stars
- Wicked Fox by Kat Cho – 3.5/5 stars
- Those Who Hunt the Night by Barbara Hambly – 4/5 stars
I didn’t have a ton of other posts this past month other than my regular Friday Favorite Five posts, Waiting on Wednesday posts, and Sunday Post’s.
- Autumn TBR – September Update
- The Autumn Tag
- Dragons of Autumn Twilight Read-Along Hosted by Jason from Off the TBR
Plans for November:
I still have some bookish events to go to yet. The first weekend of the month is the Baltimore Book Festival. It looks to be a fantastic time. I’m sure I will run into some friendly faces there and good times will be had for all.
The following weekend I have my book club meeting where we’ll be discussing ‘Salem’s Lot by Stephen King. I think it will be a fun discussion based off our group chat and what we’ve talked about so far (mainly how he keeps mentioning how short Susan’s skirt is and also the ever frequent presence of boobs–oh King, I do love thee haha).
My plans for reading are to finish up as much of my Autumn TBR as I can. I’ll have an update about my progress with that this weekend. That’s about it, just reading and catching up on blogging, as per usual. 🙂
What are your plans for next month? Everyone have a fantastic November!