So, I have a very large Autumn TBR list that I’m currently working my way through until the beginning of December. With one month down, let’s see how I’m doing.
- I’ve managed to finish 8/36 books so far (through Oct 4th). While that’s not a great ratio one month down, it’s still pretty good progress considering the major on again off again reading slump I’ve been in.
- Of the print books I have left about five or six of them are novellas so they should be pretty quick reads.
- About seven or so other books I have left I consider ‘lighter reads’ or ‘quick reads’ and I see myself flying right through them.
- Doing great at audiobooks! At this rate I’ll probably catch up with all my audiobooks on my list by early to mid November at the latest (depending on speed of listening). I’ve been going through the audiobooks so quickly that I actually picked one one or two more of the books on my list in audio so that I can get through them in a more timely manner.
- Well, I do have a couple of door-stoppers to get through (but at least both of those are audiobooks!)
- I often get hung up on review requests (of which there are about six books). That’s a pretty sizable chunk, but they need to be read.
- I also have one review request which isn’t on this list because I accepted it after I made this list. Whoops! So, I’ll definitely be reading at least one thing outside of my TBR list.
- October is going to be pretty busy with social things scheduled and an entire weekend (ironically) lost to a book convention.
- I’ve been having a terrible time getting through print books lately and I fear that even though some of these should be quick reads I won’t get through them as fast as I’d like.
- I haven’t even TOUCHED my ‘leftovers’ pile yet and I feel pretty terrible about that.
- Stupid depression and anxiety continues to be stupid as well as stupid life events making matters even worse. Everything is stupid.
The List – As It Stands
Rewind Challenge Books
These are the books I’m reading for Tammy’s Rewind Challenge, where the goal is to read some books from our backlists before the end of the year.
- The Fated Sky by Mary Robinette Kowal – physical book
- City of Lies by Sam Hawke – audiobook
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco – physical book
Working on City of Lies, plan to finish up this weekend, hope to get the other two read soon!
r/Fantasy Bingo Books
These are some books featuring vampires that will count for my r/fantasy bingo card.
The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow – audiobook Grave Importance by Vivian Shaw – physical book
- Crimson Nightmare by Zoey Rivera – ebook
- Those Who Hunt the Night by Barbara Hambly – audiobook
Slayer by Kiersten White – audiobook
Doing great at my vampire bingo reads so far!
These are 2019 releases that I want to get to and knock out of my TBR pile.
Wicked Fox by Kat Cho – audiobook
- Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim – physical book
- Soul of the Sword by Julie Kagawa – audiobook
- Dark Age by Pierce Brown – audiobook
Part-Time Gods by Rachel Aaron – audiobook
- This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal el-Mohtar & Max Gladstone – physical book
- Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh – physical book
- Master of the World by Edward Willett – eARC
- To Be Taught, If Fortunate by Becky Chambers – physical book
Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell – audiobook Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff – audiobook
- Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Steifvater – audiobook
- The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black – physical book
I’m doing fairly well at new releases, although I do still have some progress to make. A couple of these aren’t even out yet and three of the books here are novellas so they should be quick reads!
Book Club Books
Book club books! I don’t yet know what all of these are going to be. Will keep adding as we figure that out.
An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
- Wolfsong by TJ Klune
- Nov HEA book – TBD
- Salem’s Lot by Stephen King – due early November
Only one so far, but that’s about how I expected this section to go. I anticipate Wolfsong to be a pretty quick read. Salem’s Lot is a bit worrying.
Books I’d love to get to if I have time!
- Bobbles & Broomsticks by Nancy Warren – ebook
- Siege & Sacrifice by Charlie N. Holmberg – physical book
- Desdemona and the Deep by C.S.E. Cooney – ebook
- The Lady Rogue by Jenn Bennett – physical book (for review)
- The Vine Witch by Luanne G. Smith – physical book (for review)
Well, these are ‘bonus’ books and I’m not sure if I’ll get through them except I hope to have The Vine Witch read soon since that’s a review book and I’ll probably fly through Bobbles & Broomsticks and Siege & Sacrifice so I may read them as mood reads if I get stuck again and just to be able to cross something off my list.
Leftovers from Summer TBR
These were the books I didn’t finish from my 20 Books of Summer TBR. I’m hoping to get to tall of them this fall, but we’ll see. If not, December is ‘catch up’ month. 😀
- Dreams of the Dark Sky by Tina LeCount Myers
- Riverland by Fran Wilde
- Wagers of Fate by Noureddine Hifad
- Sunkissed Feathers & Severed Ties by Kellie Doherty
- The Hidden Face by S. C. Flynn
- Clock’s Watch II: Daughters of the Black Moon by Michael Reyes
Total failure here, sigh.
Plans Going Forward
Well, I still have a lot to do here. I think what I’m going to do if I continue being ‘stuck’ then I’m going to pick up some books that I’m more in the mood for and see if that that helps, weekly reading list be damned. As long as I’m reading and making progress it doesn’t really matter what order I’m reading them in. Also, if I continue to do well with audiobooks then I’ll see what others I might be able to pick up in audio to make things go a little faster. Really, that’s it. Just going to try and do the best I can with this list and not stress about it. 🙂