The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Random News And Goings-On
Well, this past week was a little bit better than the previous one. Some of my anxiety has eased off a bit and I was able to read. A lot. I’ve actually been reading like mad. Things are about to get busy though so we’ll see if that continues.
Yesterday we had friends over for an RPG, Blades in the Dark. It was a fun one and based on a storytelling system with fewer game mechanics, which I appreciate. Today I have to (finally) take my one cat to the vets. She’s been feeling better but I know she’ll have another episode eventually, so best to get her looked at and see what, if anything, can be done.
Next weekend I’ll be down in the DC suburbs staying at a friend’s house and attending the CapClave convention. This is my first time going to that one, so very much looking forward to that and also hanging out with friends. The challenge will be getting some posts pre-scheduled before then for the blog and also coordinating with my husband so he knows how to take care of the cats while I’m away.
New Book Arrivals at Way Too Fantasy
I’ve gone a little bit crazy with ebooks over the last couple of weeks–mainly due to sales but also picked up a couple of things just because.
- The Municipalists by Seth Fried – I was interested when this one came out and it was on sale recently so couldn’t resist.
- The Scar by China Mieville – Was thinking of reading this as a back up for one of my book bingo squares and it was on sale so yay!
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell – I don’t know why I picked this one up except that I’ve heard amazing things about it and it was on sale and I might put off reading it for a long time because reasons.
- Wolfsong by T.J. Klune – our HEA pick for October – read this one last week already and it was amazing! Laughed, cried, was on the edge of my seat.
- The Widow of Rose House by Diana Biller – not a speculative fiction, but a romance and something that I think I’m very much in the mood for shortly.
I also received two eARCs, thanks much to the authors for reaching out! Very much looking forward to both of these.
- Legacy of Ghosts by Alicia Wanstall-Burke
- A Beginning at the End by Mike Chen
Posts to Check Out from the Book Blogging Community
Caught up on blog hopping again (for the most part), yay! There were a ton of wonderful posts out there, here are a few. If you haven’t had a chance to read these yet, consider checking them out! 🙂
Kitty Marie @ Kitty Marie’s Reading Corner has a discussion post featuring a couple favorite bookish websites.
Keikii @ Keikii Eats Books has another trope time post, this time on the farmboy trope we all know and love/hate.
Kaya @ A Fictional Bookworm has a great review of In the Hall With the Knife – a Clue book! I didn’t even know this existed and now I want to read it.
Evelyn @ Evelyn Reads has a great post featuring her bullet journal. I loooooove bullet journals.
Ivy @ Ivy’s Well Used Library Card is doing an entire series on NaNoWriMo. Some great information in this latest post but also check out her previous posts on this topic too!
Kelly @ Another Book in the Wall has a whole list of Halloween Book Blogging Prompts and post ideas. Some great stuff here, thanks Kelly!
The Orangutan Librarian has a fantastic post featuring cozy mysteries! I agree that these types of books are perfect for fall–just something about them. 🙂
Speaking of mysteries, Ali @ Tea & Turned Pages has ranked all the mystery and thrillers they’ve read. Great post!
Brittany @ Perfectly Tolerable is featuring the autumn book tag. Yes, I am ready for sweater weather. Very much so. 🙂
That’s the news for this week, see you next time!