Woohoo, I decided to sign up for another challenge! I first heard about this challenge from Mogsy over at BiblioSanctum. Thanks for encouraging me to sign up for this one! I think it will be a lot of fun. This challenge has been run by Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer for 7 years now! That’s quite an achievement in and of itself. 🙂
Here are the details of the challenge:
- Runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at any time.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2019 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. The first update will be June 30, 2019, and the last update will take place on December 15, 2019.
There are fun levels of achievement:
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multitasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
I’m going to try for Marathoner! I think last year I ended up just shy of that (I really thought I’d listened to more audiobooks, but maybe my numbers were down slightly because I listened to several longer ones…). I think that 50 or so is totally doable for me, as long as I don’t have any major life changes. If I wind up changing jobs then…well, that would be a huge impact since I currently do a lot of listening while at work. We’ll see what 2019 brings! I”m already almost finished my 2nd audiobook of the year, so I think I’m off to a great start so far. 😀
If you want to join in on the challenge, check out the sign up page. sign-up page where you can drop in a link to your announcement post.