I saw this one over at Ivy’s Well Used Library Card and thought it looked like fun. I’m not sure who is the original maker of this one but Ivy thinks the original creator is Gabs About Books so we’ll go with that.
1. What is the highest rated book that you gave a low rating? (Sort your books in Goodreads based on Average Ratings and find the highest rated book you gave a low rating).
Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews, this is the 5th book in the Kate Daniels series. I’m a huge fan of this series overall but I guess this one just felt overwhelmingly average to me compared to some of the others. I rated it 3 stars versus a 4.40 average rating.
2. What is the lowest rated book that you gave a high rating? (Sort your books in Goodreads based on Avg Ratings, in reverse order, and find the lowest rated book you gave a high rating).
The Oddling Prince by Nancy Springer. I rated this one FIVE stars and the average rating is 3.25. I stand by my rating and I feel really bad for this book–I think it’s wildly misunderstood but I also get why it may not appeal to everyone.
3. What is the most popular book you disagree with the avg rating? (Sort your books in Goodreads based on number of Ratings, and find the first book you disagree with the avg rating)
The Selection by Kiera Cass. It has 976,884 ratings with an average of 4.13 stars. I rated it 2 stars. LOL. I have a weird relationship with that series though. I hate read the first three and eventually ended up loving books 4 and 5. So….yeah haha.
4. What is the least popular book you disagree with the avg rating? (Sort your books in Goodreads based on number of Ratings, in reverse order, and find the first book you disagree with the avg rating).
Probably Sunkissed Feathers and Severed Ties by Kellie Doherty. This has 9 ratings and an average of 4.44 stars but I only rated it 3 stars. I thought it was okay, the world building was wildly unique, but for some reason it didn’t entirely work for me.
5. Choose two books that have an average rating of 3/5 stars but you gave a higher rating.
I don’t have a lot that are 3/5 so I looked a bit higher. Both Under the Pendulum Sun by Jeannette Ng and The Book of Hidden Things by Dimitri Francesco have average ratings of 3.5 stars. I honestly find it hard to believe as I rated both 5 stars, I thought they were both really interesting reads. And also both kind of creepy now that I think about it!
6. Choose two books that have an average rating of 3/5 stars but you gave a lower rating.
Moth and Spark by Anne Leonard has an average of 3.2 stars but I rated it 2 stars. I just wasn’t feeling it at all and the romance subplot didn’t work for me. I remember the disappointment with that one as it seemed like the perfect book for me.
Spellbinder by Melanie Rawn has an average of 3.13 stars but I rated it 2 stars. Look, I love Rawn. But this one just wasn’t for me. I’m glad she was writing and trying something different but I guess I just prefer her epic fantasy.
7. Choose two books that have an average rating of 4/5 stars but you gave a lower rating.
The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett. This is another author I love! But sadly this book was just average for me and I rated it 3 stars even though the average rating is 3.98 stars.
Susan Dennard’s Windwitch has an average of 3.99 stars but I only rated it 3 stars. I have a rocky relationship with this series. Some books I love and some are incredibly ‘meh’ to me.
8. Choose two books that have an average rating of 2/5 stars but you gave a higher rating.
I don’t have any books on my list of read books with that low of an average rating LOL!
9. Do you tend to agree or disagree with GR average rating and do you use GR as a guide for books you want to read?
Honestly, I don’t usually pay much attention to GR average rating for my own reads. Some times I’ll look at it for books I’m trying to source as book club options but I pay more attention to my friends opinions and fellow bloggers reviews than goodreads ratings.
That’s it for this tag! Not going to tag anyone this time around but if this one looks like fun to you then consider yourself tagged. :)