Hello! Last week…feels like I was making up for lost time and read ALL OF THE THINGS. Problem is, I didn’t read a ton of SFF. But that’s okay! I’m just happy to be enjoying books right now, no matter the genre. I read 3 Romance novels, 1 Romance novella, 1 graphic novel, and finished up the 2 SFF books I was almost finished with last week. So that’s 7 books! So, that’s a lot of reading–95% of it comfort reading and I’ve also neglected sleep somewhat to squeeze in extra book time. Yay anxiety?
This week we’ll be continuing our convention and we have another great line-up so be sure to stop by if you get the chance.
- Tuesday May 19th Xenoarchaelogy Panel – Exploring Alien Civilizations – with Chris Magilton, Karen Osborne, Tade Thompson
- Thursday May 21st Retellings & Reworkings Panel with Alix E. Harrow, Brigid Kemmerer, Jodie Bond, John P. Murphy, Rin Chupeco, Maria Lewis
- Friday May 22nd SPFBO 5 Finalists panel with M.L. Wang, Sonya M. Black, Levi Jacobs, Alicia Wanstall-Burke, Virginia McClain, Darian Smith, Angela Boord, Rob J. Hayes
- Monday May 18th Maria Lewis
- Tuesday May 19th Rowenna Miller
- Wednesday May 20th John P. Murphy
- Thursday May 21st A.J. Fitzwater
- Saturday May 23rd Jesse N. Bailey
Remember, everything is text based–so if you miss an event you can check it out later!
I started Night Shift Dragons by Rachel Aaron in audio last week and I’m almost finished it, should be able to complete it by end of day. This is the last book in her DFZ series and I’m really enjoying it even though the complex father/daughter dynamics hit close to home sometimes.
I’ve started A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn and so far loving it. I love books that blend genres so I have a feeling I’m going to have a very good time with this one. Thanks again to Mary from Sophril Reads for sending this one my way!
After I finish up Night Shift Dragons I’ll probably check out Race the Sands by Sarah Beth Durst since so many people seem to love that one. Not sure if I can commit to another book in print this week but we’ll see where my mood takes me–I also have a few romance novels I’d like to get through.
I don’t know if I’ll be able to finish up my TBR this month but hopefully I’ll be able to get through a few! I also have an eARC of The Obsidian Tower by Melissa Caruso and I’m hoping to get to that one before the end of the month since it comes out in June. What are you reading this week? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat.