Hello everyone! Last week I actually didn’t have a terrible week in reading so, yay? I think I must finally be adjusting and I don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad thing because we’re all going to have to make another major adjustment when things get back to ‘normal’ again. So.
But first, a quick note on this week’s r/Fantasy Virtual Convention and what’s happening this week!
- Monday April 13th: Roseanne A. Brown AMA
- Tuesday April 14th: Jordan Ifueko AMA
- Wednesday April 15th: Corry L. Lee AMA
- Wednesday April 15th: Space Opera Panel featuring Karen Osborne, Kate Elliott, Arkady Martine, and Drew Williams
- Thursday April 16th: Stark Holborn AMA
- Thursday April 16th: Crit Faced Podcast Group AMA
- Friday April 17th: Mike Carey AMA
- Saturday April 18th: Amber Royer AMA
- Sunday April 19th: Indie/Self-Published Panel featuring D.P. Wooliscroft, Carol A. Park, M. Todd Gallowglas, Stephanie Burgis, and Ashe Armstrong
Another jam-packed week of scheduling, be sure to stop by and hang out with our guests! Also as a reminder you can find all of the past con events gathered here (for desktop users).
Now back to reading!
I managed to finish two books. Night of the Dragon by Julie Kagawa just about destroyed me and I definitely have THOUGHTS on it, probably to be posted in May as April’s schedule seems to be filling up. (It’s such a relief to still be ahead where blogging is concerned, phew.) I also finished up The Scar by China Miéville and wound up loving it in the end even though I’m like ‘what does it all mean????’. Mark of a great book, in my opinion.
What’s on the agenda for this week? Well, with my mood being the way it is and the fact that I’m still a little busy trying to juggle several ongoing projects I’m still trying to keep things super casual.
I started the audio book of Blood Pact by Tanya Huff on Friday and am already 45% of the way into it. Really loving this one, it seems like so much of the build up from the series so far is coming to a head in this one and Vicki is dealing with some really personal challenges on all levels. I can’t wait to see how everything plays out here. I should finish this one by mid-week and move onto my next audio…
Which will be The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco. This is the second book in The Bone Witch series. I really enjoyed the first one and after that ending I’m wondering where the story will go. If you’re looking for something for that necromancer square for book bingo–this one fits the bill.
As for print books…I may pick something from my April TBR or I may just go where my mood takes me. What are you reading this week? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!