I would say ‘how is it April already?!’ buuuuuut it kind of feels like last month was the longest March that has ever Marched in the history of Marches and I’m ready for 2021 already. (After two and half weeks shut in I’m feeling a bit stir crazy.)
I keep trying to cut down on my ‘planned’ reading as far as having a lot of reading specifically for review and other challenges and yet….here we are. I can’t seem to help myself. There will be several familiar titles here because last month’s reading didn’t go according to plan. HERE WE GO AGAIN.
Books for Review
Because I had such a tough time reading last month I didn’t get through all of my review copies. Because of its dark nature I’ve decided to shelve The Unwilling by Kelly Braffet for now–this wasn’t an easy decision as I like to honor my commitments but I just can’t read something so dark right now. I do plan on returning to that one later this year though! STUPID VIRUS ARGH.
Anyway. I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to get through Now Then and Every When by Rysa Walker this month even though I meant to get to it last month. I’m also pretty excited that I was approved for eARCS of Drowned Country by Emily Tesh and Dragon Unleashed by Grace Draven. I’m hoping these books will hit the spot. If I can’t finish those two it’s not a huge deal as they’re not ‘due’ for a while yet but I want to try and clear up my netgalley queue again. 🙂
r/Fantasy Bingo Selections
It’s time for a new bingo period! At first I wasn’t going to participate but then I figured out that I had books in my TBR that matched up with all the squares somehow so…why not use it as an excuse to read some of these books finally? An excuse to knock books off of my TBR Pile of Doom list…I’ll take it!
- Rebel by Krista D. Ball – this is the third and final book this series so will also be a great oppurtunity to check a series off of my list. Reading this for my Self-Published square. – ebook
- Redshirts by John Scalzi – I’ve had this one in my TBR for a little while. I’ve only read Scalzi’s Lock In books so I’m looking forward to checking out more of his work. Reading this for the Book That Made You Laugh square, hoping this will elicit a few chuckles. – physical book
- Docile by K.M. Szpara – I’ve actually had this in my pile for a while despite it just coming out last month because I received an ARC from the author. I was going to read it last month but then realized it would fit one of my bingo squares so decided to hold off until April. I guess I’m evil. Looking forward to digging into this one. – physical book
I still haven’t gotten to these two because well, STUPID VIRUS ARGH. I do also hope to get through both Riot Baby by Tochi Onyebuchi and A Longer Fall by Charlaine Harris this month as well. BUT. If I don’t? Well, the library is closed and late fees are waived, baby! (I guess that’s one plus? Trying to think positive here…)
Obligation Free Book Zone
Once again, audiobooks are a great respite from ‘required’ reading for me.
- Night of the Dragon by Julie Kagawa – I’ve been looking forward to this one since I read the previous book and can’t wait to dive in, wooooo! – audiobook
- The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco – this is the second book in The Bone Witch series and I’m eager to continue this series since starting it late last year. – audiobook
- Blood Pact by Tanya Huff – working my way through this series and loving it, hoping to be able to get to book 5 next month as I have that down as a bingo read – audiobook
I may also go TOTALLY OFF LIST and read some romances and some other fun and light fantasy books that I’ve got in my TBR because sometimes you just have to TREAT YOURSELF especially when the world is a big old poopy poop full of poop. 😀 Any thoughts on these? What are your plans for April? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!