The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Random News And Goings-On
It’s been about three weeks since I posted one of these so I have a lot of updates!
- Blogging has been going well! I’m keeping on top of everything except for blog hopping but usually am not more than a few days behind on that.
- My IRL book club got rescheduled to late April which, while I’m sad to not be hanging out with my friends until then, I’m also kind of happy as late March/early April is super busy for me.
- Reading has been going well overall and I’m surprised how much I’ve been staying on track with my Monthly TBR piles.
- I’ve beeen getting some projects done around the house still, I think the hints of Spring have been quite inspiring! One of the things I did was to hang up some artwork that I’ve finally gotten frames for.
- I’ve been spending a lot of time prepping for the switchover to the new bingo card for r/fantasy’s annual reading challenge that I run.
- I went to see the new Emma movie and quite enjoyed it! I mean, it’s Austen, so…I liked the chemistry between the leads. I think the humor is more obvious in the Paltrow version but….I really enjoyed the aesthetics of the new one.
- I got some awesome swag in the mail from Tina Myers, author of The Legacy of the Heavens series. Thanks again, Tina! I’m really excited for the map, going to hang it on my wall of fantasy. 😀
- Not as much reading getting done this weekend because socializing with family, went to the movies, doing some housework, but…I still managed to squeeze in some–look forward for the full details on that tomorrow. 🙂
New Book Arrivals at Way Too Fantasy
I’ve gotten…several new books. Whoops! Although, to be completely fair, none of these technically break my book buying ban!
For Valentine’s Day my husband and I stopped by the book store and he picked me up a couple of books. I already have Empire of Sand by Tasha Suri in ebook but I wanted a print copy because I love the cover so much. He also bought me River Marked by Patricia Briggs which is the next in the Mercy Thompson series that I’m so behind on so maybe I can finally start getting caught up on this one! Since these were gifts they don’t count toward my ban! 😀
I received a copy of The Electric Heir by Victoria Lee in the mail from Victoria’s publisist at Skyscape and I can’t thank her enough (thanks, Megan!). I’m so looking forward to this one, especially after how that first book ended!
Finally, I did indulge myself with two purchases but since these were both sequels I didn’t break my ban there either (thank goodness for loopholes!). On the same day that I received Carved from Stone and Dream by T. Frohock I also received a little card with a signed art card from Teresa in the mail (thanks again Teresa, you’re the best!). Artwork once again by Kathy @ Pages Below the Vaulted Sky! I also picked up A Conjuring of Assassins by Cate Glass–very much looking forward to this sequel as well! Hopefully I’ll be able to get to both of these soon, it’s so tough because I already have such a packed reading month so if not March then I’m hoping for April.
I got approved for a copy of Drowned Country by Emily Tesh from netgalley and I’ve never been more excited! I’m going to have to figure out a way to squeeze this one in becuase I’m SOOO looking forward to this book. Silver in the Wood was one of my favorite books last year (review here) and I can’t wait to read this sequel and see what she’s done expanding on the characters and world.
Now, I know I said I wasn’t going to request books for review for a while but this is the first time this year I’ve made a request (I requested two or three books, this is the only approval so far) and I reallllly want to read this one so I thought why not? 😀
Ooooh boy. Here’s where I went a bit crazy. Damn you, audible sale!! Not to worry though, my audible queue isn’t too out of control compared to my other TBR’s so I’m confident I’ll get to all of these eventually and also…well, some of these I’ve already read. 🙂
Well, as I said audible sale. I picked up The Last Sun and The Hanged Man by K.D. Edwards in audio because they were on sale and if I want to reread them I think it will be fun to do it in audio! I also picked up Abaddon’s Gate and Caliban’s War (books 2 and 3 of The Expanse series) by James S. A. Corey because I picked up book 1 a while ago on another sale and when I get to marathoning the series that would save me some credits in the long run.
I picked up two books with my credits. Well, Night of the Dragon by Julie Kagawa is a pre-order as it won’t arrive until the end of the month. I also picked up The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco, book two of The Bone Witch, in an effort to try and stay on track with reading series I’ve started.
Well, that’s the news for this week, see you next time!
16 thoughts on “The Sunday Post #26”
Did you buy the artwork from Kathy? I just love those paintings😀 Looks like lots of good reading ahead!
Yes, I got them from her etsy shop! Not sure if she has a link on her blog or not, but if you’re interested and can’t find it let me know, I’ll see if I can dig it up. 🙂
The artworks are great! And your new books, too! 😍
Thanks! I’m happy with all of it. 🙂
What a haul! Congrats and happy reading! 😀
Blog hopping feels like a never-ending, losing battle, so I’d be super impressed if you *weren’t* at least a little behind. xD
Looks like you had a lovely haul this month! I’ve been curious about The Electric Heir (and that cover catches my eye every time, without fail). I also got Drowned Country, and I was flabbergasted, but so excited! I’m glad to hear you got it. Those little surprises are so nice when you’re not expecting it. The Last Sun and The Hanged Man are both on my TBR, and they look fabulous, and I absolutely can’t wait to read Night of the Dragon (I’ve been warned to keep tissues on hand and guard your feels, so … just so you know).
Hope March ends up being a wonderful month for you, as well!
Given you’re on a book ban you managed to add a lot to your shelves 🙂
Wishing you a great reading week
Yeah…somehow LOL. 🙂
Thanks, right back at ya!
Nice, lots of good additions to your shelves! Catch up on Mercy Thompson, do it!
Thanks! I really want to. I think I just have to set aside a week or two and do it. After I get caught up with these review books and stuff. Maybe in the summer. 🙂
Wow there are a lot of amazing books featured in this post! The haul to end all hauls. Love the artwork too, that’s gorgeous!
Hah, thanks! I somehow ended up with lots of new pretties despite my book buying ban. 😉
Those pictures look brilliant.
And the Kagawa book might be my next read.
Thanks! Definitely looking forward to your thoughts on that one. 🙂