Wow, I can’t believe it’s going to be 2020 soon, time just flies by and the older I get the quicker it seems to go.
I debated for a while whether or not to do a December TBR. There are a few books I need to read due to commitments, but there are a lot of others I’d love to get to as well before we start the new year. Lots and lots and lots I’d love to read. So very many. (send help)
Books For Review
These are books that I’m not only super excited about, but I’ve been given copies for review purposes and I’d like to make them my priority. One of these I’ve had an embarrasingly long time….so I hope to get to it this month finally!
- A Beginning at the End by Mike Chen – eARC
- The Will and the Wilds by Charlie N. Holmberg – physical ARC
- The Hidden Face by S. C. Flynn – ebook
Rewind Challenge Books
Tammy over at Books, Bones & Buffy is doing a 2019 Rewind Challenge. These are the books I have left on my list of five. Hope I can get to both of them!
- The Waking Land by Callie Bates – physical book
- Zoo City by Lauren Buekes – physical book
- The Fated Sky by Mary Robinette Kowal (unless I’m able to get to it by the end of this week maybe there will be a miracle) – physical book
This is where things go a bit off the rails. I was making a TBR stack for instagram (see below) and realized how many books I want to read in December. Spoiler: It’s a lot more than I could ever read in a month ahahahahahahahaha why do I have so many books?
View this post on Instagram
Working on trying to figure out which books from my giant TBR mountain I want to tackle next month before we wrap up the year. This pile is probably (definitely) a little ambitious. I also have more vampire books I have to read for r/fantasy bingo and a couple of ARCs for review. We'll see how many of these make the final cut. For now, still pondering. Anyone have any favorites from this pile? Things I should definitely make a priority? #bookblogger #bookstagram #fantasyreader #tbrpile
So, here are the books that I am prioritizing. Some of these aren’t pictured above because they’re digital. 🙂
- Steel Crow Saga by Paul Krueger – audiobook
- The Sinister Mystery of the Mesmerizing Girl by Theodora Goss – audiobook
- Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin – audiobook (for r/fantasy bingo)
- The Infinite Noise by Lauren Shippen – audiobook
- The Fever King by Victoria Lee – physical book
- Bloodlust & Bonnets by Emily McGovern – physical book
- Aurora Blazing by Jessie Mihalik – physical book
- The Hanged Man by K.D. Edwards – physical book
- Serpent & Dove by Shelby Mahurin – physical book
There are actually a bunch more I’d love to get to but this list is already getting long and most of these are print books and not audio so I really don’t know how I’m going to find the time hahaha, whoops! Still, going to try and read as many of these as I can before the end of the year. Also, I might go off list because there’s some graphic novels and manga that I’d love to get to as well. So, we’ll see what happens! As per usual! December might be a loosey goosey type month but I’m hoping to get to at least some of these.
Any thoughts on these and which I should make a priority, ones that stand out to you? Do you have reading plans for December? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!