I saw this tag filled out by Drew over at The Tattooed Book Geek and thought it would be fun to fill out myself. Not sure who the original creator is.
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
Well, this is tough because I’m a mood reader so I like to just pick up whatever I’m currently in the mood for. But I have been trying to plan out my reading somewhat, at least on a weekly basis, and I usually give priority to review requests and ARCs while keeping a slot open for a ‘mood read’. But sometimes my mood takes over and throws that schedule out the window and I just read whatever I feel like anyway.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
Most of the time I power through but once in a while I’ll put a book down with the intentions of finishing it at some later date. Even if that means ‘a few years from now’.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
It depends on the challenge. If it’s number of books read, or book bingo then I will catch up if I’m behind. If it’s something like my ‘finish more series’ challenge then I may try to work more toward the goal but then I may just say ‘maybe next year’.
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
Usually it doesn’t bother me all that much, most of my books are a mish-mash because I buy a lot of used books. But sometimes I want them all to be the same, a style of cover, the type of a book (mmp, trade, hardcover, etc). If that’s the case then I try to find ones that match. If I can’t then oh well, it may annoy me slightly but it’s not the end of the world.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
I search reviews and find someone that agrees with me and think ‘oh thank gods, I’m not the only one’. lol
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
I’ve actually had this happen a couple of times at work while listening to audiobooks. I just cry. I’m pretty good at letting silent tears flow for a minute or so and my desk faces a corner so no one’s the wiser. 🙂
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
Most of the time I’m pretty good at remembering where the story left off or am reminded quickly when I jump into the new book. Only once in a while do I think ‘hmm, I could have benefited from a reread of the last book or at least a skim because wth is going on here?’ So, no, I don’t usually reread something before reading the new book in the series.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
I’ll admit I have a hard time saying no to people. But after lending so many books out and getting them back in terrible condition (if I even got them back) I usually just offer to buy someone a copy of their own now, or just tell people I don’t lend out my books.
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I generally don’t put down a ton of books, so I will push through. But if I’m in a slump I switch up genres for a bit and read some romances or a mystery. That usually does the trick.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
Well, I’m a book hoarder so I buy quite a few if I have the funds available. 🙂
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
It really depends on the book. Some get read right away. Others may sit in my TBR for an embarrassingly long time. (Here’s looking at you, The Mageborn Traitor–21 years in the TBR pile–there are human beings that have been born, grown up, graduated college in the time you’ve been sitting on my shelf unread.)
As per usual, won’t be tagging anyone, but if you want to fill this one out, consider yourself tagged. 🙂