The Sunday Post #55

thesundaypost

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. I mostly use it to catch everyone up on real-life shenanigans, latest book hauls, and how things have been going in general.

Random News And Goings-On

Well, as most of you probably have seen, I’m still not back to fully engaged with blogging yet. I have been enjoying the rest though, I can say that for sure because I’ve been super stressed at work this past week. Just lots of unexpected things popping up and some things are at a stand still while others are moving a long in at a frantic pace. We’ve been so busy though, so that’s good that business is still booming. So, frankly, my brain has not been up to engaging in much once I get home other than some chores, which I’m somehow still keeping up on (mostly).

Yesterday my husband and I went out for lunch to a place he hasn’t been to for over a year since it’s down by his work and he’s been working from home. The food there was amazing even though it looks like a dive. We got a tapas sampler with corn tamales, beef stuffed potatoes, beef empanadas and fried cheese. Then we ordered aji de gallina over Spanish rice, so delicious. We have leftovers that will probably last me through half the week for lunch because the portions were huge and I’m still eating smaller portions. After lunch we went shopping at a couple of garden centers and I bought a bunch of flowers for my container garden. I’m hoping I get good results this year because I bought a lot of ‘new to me’ plants as most of my usual buys were not available for whatever reason. I should have some garden pics up on my next post Sunday Post as I’ll be doing the planting sometime today (if everything goes according to plan).

I’ve still been reading a good bit, although I haven’t quite finished off my entire list of books from last week’s TBR, but I have made some more progress in my pile of books. I really do hope to get back to checking in with everyone and writing some reviews and such this coming week. Hopefully things will settle in a bit at work and be less hectic. We’ll see though.

New Book Arrivals at Way Too Fantasy

Physical Books

No physical books this time around! I somehow restrained myself in the last two weeks. Although I might splurge this week and order a couple of books that I’ve already read but don’t have physical copies of because I read eARCs of them. Sometimes if I really enjoy a book I want a copy on my shelf to represent. I’m weird like that. πŸ™‚

Ebooks

I finally added a couple of new ebooks to the TBR! First up is House of Hollow by Krystal Sutherland which sounds kind of weird and gothic which is totally my vibe so I have high hopes! The second book is a non-fiction self help book, Unwinding Anxiety by Judson Brewer, which is actually an ebook library loan so I’m hoping to be able to dig into this one this coming week since it will be due back in two weeks.

Audiobooks

Still on audiobook buying ban but hopefully that will be lifted in the next couple of months. πŸ˜€

Well, that’s about it for now, see you next time!

21 thoughts on “The Sunday Post #55

1. Tammy says:

I’m sorry your work is so stressful😬 My work is very slow right now, but I know when things bounce back I’ll be stressed out as well. Yum, that tapas sounds delish!

It’s stressful but it’s kind of a good kind of stress because at least I find myself being useful, but it’s still a lot! LOL. Glad that things aren’t stressful at your work right now, sometimes it’s nice when things are slow for a bit.
      The tapas was amazing! I definitely have to go back to that place.

2. Louise says:

I hope you are enjoying the little blogging break and that you are taking care of yourself. Sorry that things are so stressful for you right now and I hope things will start to feel better soon. You should definitely treat yourself to new books! I just bought a physical of House of Hollow amongst a few others that I was really itching to get my hands on. I’m hoping to sort out a haul post as I’ve never done one of those before so it could be fun! Happy reading and I hope your next week is a better one!

Thank you! I am enjoying the break a lot, I think it’s just what I needed and when I get back to my regular routine I’ll feel refreshed. πŸ™‚
      Hopefully work will get back to same old same old by the end of the month at the latest–just waiting for a few things to close out that have been ongoing for a while.
      House of Hollow looks really good! And the cover is really interesting. Haul posts are fun! Hope you have fun putting that together. πŸ™‚ Thanks!

LOL! I posted some on my personal twitter, but everything will look better once things start to fill out a bit. I’ll have some pics up here too next week I think. πŸ™‚

3. ivysbooks says:

I know what your mean about not having brain capacity for blog engagement. I go in waves between very engaging to not engaging at all πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I’ve just accepted it and won’t stress about it but that’s me. I hope this week will be less stressful 😊

Yeah, that makes total sense. I always try to be super engaged but I guess after a couple years of that I got a bit burned out lol. I think I’ll try to approach it differently going forward. Thanks!