I found this tag over at Misty’s Book Space a little while ago and I’ve been meaning to fill it out ever since. I actually filled this one out a little over a year ago but I thought it’d be fun to do again and see if anything changed.
Original Creator: Charly Reynhorse
1. How many books do you usually read at once?
Typically two but I have been known to juggle four books at a time on occasion.
2. If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch to reading the other book (do you read a certain amount of pages in each?)
Usually I’m at least reading one print book and an audiobook. If I’m doing some sort of task where I can listen to audio then I’ll read that book, if I’m just reading (not multitasking) then I’ll read my print book. So my reading is task-based I guess you could say haha. Sometimes I might be reading two print books (a physical and an ebook) – in that case it’s based one whichever is more convenient for me to read at the moment and/or whichever I’m more into.
3. Do you ever switch bookmarks while you’re part way through a book?
Yes! I’m terrible at using actual bookmarks too. I usually use a slip of paper or a receipt or something random and I am terrible about losing these kinds of ‘book marks’ haha.
4. Where do you keep the book(s) you’re currently reading?
Usually close at hand so wherever I’m at–next to me on a table, in my purse, etc.
5. What time of day do you spend the most time reading?
Hmm, it depends what type of reading. Audiobook gets done during my commute and during the day at work. Physical reading tends to be the evenings, sometimes early mornings–on the weekends anytime is game.
6. How long do you typically read for in one go?
This one also depends. I’ve read an audiobook for several hours in a row, I’ve also sat down and read a print book straight through before. Reading time varies on my other commitments and mental health. I think typically I’d go with 1-2 hours at a time.
7. Do you read hard covers with the dust jacket on or off?
Not usually although I have a few times. Usually I leave it on.
8. Which position do you mainly use to read?
Sitting up in a chair, sometimes with my feet propped up, for the most part. But I also read laying in bed a lot.
9. Do you take the book you’re currently reading with you everywhere you go?
Pretty much! If i’m reading a physical copy it’s in my purse usually, if I am reading and ebook or an audiobook they’re on my phone which is pretty much always with me. One of the reasons I read a lot more ebooks these days is that it’s so easy to snatch in a page or two of reading time when I have my phone with me everywhere and it’s less conspicuous than a physical book. 🙂
10. How often do you update your progress in the book you’re currently reading on Goodreads?
Oh, this is a good question. I try to update once a day but sometimes I forget and might go two or three days with out updating. I rarely update the same book twice in a day.
And that’s it! This was fun. I’m not going to tag anyone but if you want to check this tag out feel free to grab it!