Things feel like they’re moving both really fast and really slow somehow and what is even time anymore? I’ve somehow managed to finish three books this past week – two from my TBR and one romance novel because hey why not? (Also it was an alt-history so I guess I could count it as spec fic if I squint real hard.) Anyway, three books isn’t bad at all considering I feel like I’m hardly doing any reading lately. Probably because I’m doing most of my reading 1) through audiobooks as I multi-task and 2) late at night while in bed because who needs sleep anyway!
But before I get into my reading, this week’s schedule for the con! We have a jam-packed week ahead of us so stop on by and hang out with some of the authors we have scheduled!
- Monday April 20th – Fantasy Romance Panel with Stephanie Burgis, Beth Cato, J. Kathleen Cheney, Jeffe Kennedy, Quenby Olson, C.L. Polk
- Tuesday April 21st – Mark Lawrence AMA
- Wednesday April 22nd – Jon Skovron AMA
- Wednesday April 22nd – Small Press Panel with Atthis Arts, Jurassic London, TYCHE Books, Unsung
- Thursday April 23rd – Robert Jackson Bennett AMA
- Thursday April 23rd – Progression Fantasy with Will Wight, Sarah Lin, Andrew Rowe, Pirateaba, nobody103
- Friday April 24th – Historical Clothing Panel with Rowenna Miller, Leanna Renee Hieber, Marie Brennan, Gail Carriger
- Saturday April 25th – Maria Ingrande Mora AMA
- Sunday April 26th – Urban Fantasy Panel with K. D. Edwards, T. Frohock, Sherri Woosley, Fonda Lee
- Sunday April 26th – David Steffen AMA
Whew, that’s a lot!
I started The Heart Forger by Rin Chupeco in audio late last week and haven’t gotten too far into it yet. I had to listen to the end of the first book again because I was really confused starting this one–turns out that didn’t help much with my confusion haha. I forgot that this story is in two different timelines and was like ‘wait, what is happening, I don’t remember any of this…’. Anyway, good to be back in this world! Hopefully will be able to finish it this week – I have some gardening and craft projects ahead of me so hopefully prime audiobook time. 😀
In print, I plan on starting my eARC of Dragon Unleashed by Grace Draven. I’ve been looking forward to this for so long! First of all–that cover! Secondly, I just love Grace Draven’s work. She writes the kind of genre blends that’s my cup of tea. Plus, dragon!! So. Excite.
Not sure how my progress on these will go but hopefully good and maybe I’ll be able to dip into a third book this week, but we’ll see. I’ve still been super busy with virtual con stuff and now I’m doing crafts and other household projects because keeping busy seems to be the name of the game right now for me. What are you reading this week? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!