I had so much fun doing the audiobook challenge last year that I decided to join in again this year! The audiobook challenge is hosted by Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer–this is their 8th year hosting it! It’s a fun challenge to see how many audiobooks you can listen to in a year. The rules are pretty simple, you can find out more details on the sign up page over at Hot Listens. Please do check them out because they’re going to have two updates throughout the year with giveaways.
In the meantime, the basics are: any genre of book counts, if you’re already using a book for another challenge you can still count it for this one, etc. It’s pretty simple and straight forward. I see they added a new level this year–The 100 Club. Last year I ended in the 60’s so I don’t think there’s any way to make it to 100 but you never know…? I need to get on it because I’ve started off the year with a whimper where audio is concerned so far, whoops!
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
- The 100 Club (Audiobook Elite) 100+
Here’s my tentative TBR for getting me started on the challenge, hope to get these read in the first quarter of the year:
- Steel Crow Saga by Paul Krueger
- The Lightning-Struck Heart by TJ Klune
- The Rise of Magicks by Nora Roberts
- The Monster of Elendhaven by Jennifer Giesbrecht
- The Spirit War by Rachel Aaron
- A Secret History of Witches by Louisa Morgan
- Jade City by Fonda Lee
I also have a couple of unused audible credits, I’ll probably use those to pick up the next two Vicki Nelson books by Tanya Huff, we’ll see. 🙂
Are you joining this challenge? If so, what level are you striving for? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!