To recap, the 20 Books of Summer challenge is created and hosted by Cathy from 746 Books. The rules are simple – pick 20 books (or 10 or 15) to read over the Summer (June 3rd-September 3rd) in order to reduce our TBR piles.
I thought since we’re one month down I’d do an check in post to see where I’m at with this challenge. Instead of doing 20 books, I decided to try for 25 because, like always, I am overly ambitious, but also I do happen to read a lot so I feel like it’s not that much in three month’s time and should be able to get through these. That’s the dream, anyway! So, how am I doing so far?
PHYSICAL BOOKS IN THE TBR MOUNTAIN
- Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto
- Dreams of the Dark Sky by Tina LeCount Myers
- Riverland by Fran Wilde
Asha and the Spirit Bird by Jasbinder Bilan The Beast’s Heart by Leife Shallcross
- An Illusion of Thieves by Cate Glass
- Storm of Locusts by Rebecca Roanhorse
- Myths & Mortals by Charlie N. Holmberg
The Book of Flora by Meg Elison
EARC’S IN THE TBR MOUNTAIN
The Dragon Republic by R. F. Kuang
- The Girl With No Face by M. H. Boroson
- A Song For a New Day by Sarah Pinsker
OTHER EBOOKS IN THE TBR MOUNTAIN
- The Blood Prince by Josie Jaffrey
- Lace and Lies by Nancy Warren
- The Hidden Face by S. C. Flynn
- Clock’s Watch II: Daughters of the Black Moon by Michael Reyes
- The Spec Set by Taya Okerlund
- Under Ordshaw by Phil Williams
- Wagers of Fate by Noureddine Hifad
- Sunkissed Feathers & Severed Ties by Kellie Doherty
AUDIOBOOKS IN THE TBR MOUNTAIN
- The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
- Last Bastion by Rachel Aaron and Travis Bach
Beautiful by Juliet Marillier
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Touch by Claire North – Currently Reading
Looks like so far I’ve been doing great with my physical TBR pile! I’ve read 3/9 books from that section so far. To be honest, I’m a little surprised because I’m terrible at reading physical copies of books lately (ebooks and audiobooks are so convenient, I never thought I’d be a convert, but here we are).
I’ve read 1/3 eARCs I need to get through this summer, so I’m feeling pretty good about that progress as well. I *did* happen to get approved, unexpectedly, for another eARC I had requested which I’m super excited about! But that also means I have an additional request to get through now which wasn’t on my original reading plan. No worries though, I built in a bit of room for other books so all should be well, hopefully. 😀
I haven’t read any of the other ebooks on my list yet, but there’s a lot of summer left so I’m sure I’ll get to them soon. I think I’ve put the priority on physical books because then it looks like I’m making more progress, haha.
I’ve only gotten through 1/5 audiobooks, which is also a little surprising for me because I usually tear right through them. I think it’s because I was waiting for Touch to check out from the library for a while and so I was listening to a bunch of shorter books that aren’t on this list, not wanting to get involved in a longer book (Priory, Bastion, and Dreamer are all fairly long listens). Now that I have Touch checked out, I’ll be able to listen to that and then start working on the others.
So, altogether so far I’ve gotten through 5/25 books on my list. That’s not too bad considering I started this challenge about halfway into June. With only two months to go I’ll have to get through about 10 of these each month in order to finish them all. I think that’s doable but we’ll see how things go!
Are you participating in this challenge? How are you doing with your reading challenges so far this year? Leave me a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!