My first Sunshine Blogger Award! I was nominated by Brittany over at Perfectly Tolerable, a really fantastic blog that you all should be following. Thanks for the nomination! 😀
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to them
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions
- Notify the nominees by commenting or pinging back to one of their blog posts
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
1) What is your all time favorite book?
Well, this is a really tough one because I generally have a top five or so that sort of rotates around? I’d have to go with Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey. It’s got everything I love–romance, intrigue, an epic journey. I’ve re-read it so many times.
2) If you had to recommend a single book to a stranger, without knowing their reading level or interests, what would it be?
Maybe Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. It’s one book that I think would be an experience for any sort of reader. I’m not sure if this accounts for reading levels, but I think younger readers would be ok with it, maybe not really young though. 🙂
3) What is your favorite alcoholic drink? (or regular drink if you don’t drink)
Whiskey! I’m fond of a nice glass of Balvenie now and then. When I’m not drinking whiskey I’m usually drinking soju.
4) What app do you use the most on your phone?
Probably facebook messenger. Or twitter. Or audible. Maybe tied for those.
5) What is your favorite animated Disney Movie?
MULAN. I love that one, the animation, the songs, the story. Just love it.
6) Who is your favorite superhero?
Right now? Probably Wonder Woman–the latest movie was kick-ass.
7) Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I used to be a night owl, I miss those days. I’m not a morning person, like I’m not a good mood when I get up, especially on weekdays, BUT, I’m usually up before 7 these days–even on weekends. I guess that makes me an early bird.
8) Where is your favorite place to read?
When it’s nice out, sitting on my front porch with a cup of tea.
9) Do you read books on your phone?
Yes! I got into ebooks because of my phone. I don’t really like carrying my kindle around, it’s just one more thing to carry, but I always have my phone. Sometimes I read incognito at work–sneak in some pages here or there. (shhhhh)
10) Are you participating in any reading challenges in 2019? (If so which ones?)
I’m doing the Goodreads Challenge again. I think I set it for 100 books.
I’m also doing the r/fantasy book bingo since I make it every year I also participate. I’m done with the 2018 card, the new 2019 card will go up in April so I’ll be working on that starting April 1st.
11) Where is the weirdest place you have ever read?
Thousands of feet in the air traveling across the country? I think I must be pretty boring. I mean, I read all over the place, but I don’t know if any of it has been weird. 😀
- What’s your number one reading goal for 2019?
- How many books do you generally carry around with you?
- Do you catalog your books, and if so what do you use to do it?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What is your favorite movie adaptation of a book?
- Your current book-ish obsession?
- What’s your favorite food?
- How do you organize your bookshelves?
- What is your favorite game to play and why?
- Do your friends and family know about your blog?
- What’s your favorite book you’ve read so far this year?
Not sure who all has done this before, so don’t feel obligated to fill this out!
- Goddess In The Stacks
- Reader Voracious
- Paul’s Picks
- Merline Reads
- I Have Thoughts on Books
- A Fictional Bookworm
- Evelyn reads
- I Should Read That
- The Curious SFF Reader
- Zeezee with Books
8 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger Award”
I also got into ebooks because of my phone, the kindle app, and free books. muahahahaah
Yessssss! It’s also super hard to resist when something is on sale too. I have gone on a few ebook buying binges lol.
YUP, ebooks are honestly so dangerous.
Well, now you mention it – I’m wracking my brain to think of the weirdest place I’ve read…and, I can’t think of a weird place at all tbh. The strangest I can come up with is going out with a bunch of friends for a drink and getting my kindle out to read – which probably seems very rude, but, everybody was sat using their phones and so it was a protest of sorts – or to prove a point! It was quite funny – everyone was like ‘what you doing’ – and I was like ‘same as you lot’!
Lol! I love it hahahaha.
Yay! I’m glad you participated 😀 I love Mulan! Tho my favorite is Lion King. I am sad to say I haven’t heard of either your favorite or your recommended, but I will go check them out!!
Rebecca is a great gothic style novel much like Jane Eyre.