I didn’t think I’d be able to do it at first, but now I’m only 5 books away from 200 books read this year! I really don’t see me not being able to make it at this point as long as I keep on trucking with my Sailor Moon manga read-through. This past week I finished:
- Cold Days by Jim Butcher – so close to catching up, only one more to go!
- Merry Happy Valkyrie by Tansy Rayner Roberts – such a fun fantasy f/f holiday romance! you wouldn’t think all that would work together, but it does–spectacularly
- Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Vols 3-5 – so many little details in the manga that I’d forgotten
- Two romance novels – Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas (fun but I am so nit-picky with historical romances these days so can’t help but notice every little thing) and The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang (well, this one was fun! sexy, smart, and full of heart)
- Sea of Rust by C. Robert Cargill – SO. GOOD. I have THOUGHTS. Which I will write up eventually.
- Spellswept by Stephanie Burgis – a short fiction prequel to Snowspelled
- Swordheart by T. Kingfisher – I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH I FEEL LIKE CRYING BECAUSE I’M FINISHED READING IT AND I WISH I COULD READ THIS BOOK FOREVER.
So, you can see why I’ve had no time to write reviews. Last week was tough! I had to stay up late just to write the posts I managed to get in, I don’t know how I did it. But my brain is all jumbled right now trying to get all these books read so please bear with me until I reach this goal and things get back to normal. 😀
This week what I have planned:
Ok, so I am still making my way through Mage Against the Machine by Shaun Barger. I really am hoping to finish this one up this week. But I also really want to make this reading goal of 200 books, so if I have to put it aside for a moment to blitz through some other things then that will happen and it will be on my list again next week. I do feel genuinely bad for not getting through this one quickly. Sigh.
On audio I’m listening to Skin Game by Jim Butcher. I’m already a few hours into this one. Almost all caught up with Harry! It’s going to feel weird not having Dresden Files books to listen to every month going forward.
Of Blood and Bone by Nora Roberts. I absolutely LOVED Year One, so I’ve been looking forward to this sequel. Can’t wait to see where she takes the story.
And of course, I’m still working on my Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon manga read-through. Honestly thought I would just breeze right through these! Totally underestimated how much time it would take me to read each volume, whoops! Looks like I may be reading these into the new year…
So, that’s my week ahead, supposedly. What is everyone else reading? Or light reading due to the holidays? Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!