Being somewhat new to book blogging last year, I totally missed this event the first time around. Seeing several people posting about it recently, I decided it would be fun to join in this year. A month long blogging event celebrating all things Fantasy? How could I not? As you might be able to garner from the blog name, I’m all about Fantasy! 😀
Wyrd & Wonder runs through the month of May and celebrates the Fantasy genre in all its many forms. It’s hosted by Lisa, Jorie and imyril and you can find out more about the event or sign up for it here.
Not sure exactly what all I’ll be doing special for this event, but I do plan on taking a look at some of the prompts in the Wyrd & Wonder Challenge. Maybe this is the motivation I need to post to my little used instagram more often!
Speaking of my instagram, here’s my tentative TBR pile:
- The Last Sun by K.D. Edwards (just finished this one!)
- Fog Season by Patrice Sarath
- The Book of Flora by Meg Elison
- The Beast’s Heart by Leife Shallcross
- Mist, Metal, and Ash by Gwendolyn Clare
- Asha & The Spirit Bird by Jasbinder Bilan
- Dreams of the Dark Sky by Tina LeCount Myers
- Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto
Yes, I realize at least one of these is Sci-Fi but I have a reading commitment. Also, this isn’t a full TBR pile for May, I have a few other books that I want to get through as well and I KNOW I’m being overly ambitious, but I like to have a big pool of books to pull from because I’m a mood reader. Also, most of these are quick reads, I think, so I should be able to get through a lot. Theoretically. No pressure.
So, some other books not pictured that are in my tentative TBR pile for May:
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. This is a re-read, I bullied everyone in my book club to read one of my favorite books. 😀
- The Dragon Republic by R.F. Kuang. I have an eARC of this one so I really want to get to it as soon as possible.
- In Dreaming Bound by J. Kathleen Cheney. This is a sequel I’ve been waiting for and I’m so excited it’s finally here!
- Angels’ Blood by Nalini Singh. This is the first pick for our HEA Fantasy Romance book club over on reddit’s r/fantasy forum and I’m excited for it.
- A Magical Inheritance by Krista D. Ball. This fantasy of manners doesn’t come out until June but I expect I’ll probably receive an early copy for review at some point this month.
There are also some things I requested from the library on audio, so those might come in and shake things up a bit. And also a couple of review requests if I feel up to them. We’ll see what happens. Obviously I’m not planning on absolutely reading all of these, because that would be nuts and I do, despite what it may seem like, have a life outside of books (sometimes). But I’m looking forward to this month of fantasy and seeing where the books take me!
Are you participating in Wyrd & Wonder? What are your plans? Thoughts on my TBR? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!