- Thank the person who nominated you and include their link
- Give a brief explanation of how your blog began
- Give some advice to new bloggers
- Name ten nominees and include their links
- Tag your nominees on Twitter to let them know
Thanks so much to Paul over at Paul’s Picks for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award! Paul’s blog is really great, he reads a lot of varied things and his reviews are always on point. Definitely check out his blog when you get a chance!
Well, the tl;dr is that Way Too Fantasy started back in 2012 as a writing project among friends that fizzled out after a couple of years. This place sat dormant for another couple of years but, eventually, I decided to dust off this space and reboot it as a (primarily) book review blog focusing on speculative fiction. The name didn’t change but the mission did. I really wanted to get better at writing reviews, and I’m still working on that! 🙂 This reboot was a little over a year ago. I’ve spent a lot of time figuring out my rhythm here in this new role, but it’s been a lot of fun and I’ve met a lot of new people to talk about books with!
My advice for new bloggers would be:
- You do you. Don’t feel the need to be like anyone else. Blog as much and and often as you want about what you want. But above all, let your unique you-ness shine through!
- Blogging can quickly get overwhelming if you worry a lot about deadlines and stats and such. If this stops being fun it’s not really worth it, you’ll burn out pretty fast. Don’t forget to take care of yourself and keep this a fun hobby!
- Talk to other bloggers! Read other blogs, leave comments on them, make friends on twitter. There’s a whole community out there and it’s such a fun and supportive one. Participate.
I’m going to nominate the following because they’re all fantastic blogs! Don’t feel obligated to fill this out just because you were nominated. 🙂
- Bookish Paige
- To Other Worlds
- Keikii Eats Books
- A Cup of Cyanide
- Perfectly Tolerable
- A Fictional Bookworm
- Rants and Raves of a Bibliophile
- The Borrowed Bookshelf
- Realms of My Mind