Here we are with a new week in a new month. Not sure how it’s May already when it feels like March was just five minutes ago but…here we are.
I actually had a…. pretty okay week in reading. I finished up two books that I’d been halfway through, started and finished another and also read an entire webtoon which consisted of two collected books worth of material. The webtoon, if anyone is interested, is called Check, Please! and is a story about hockey boys in college and it’s also got a lovely romance in it. It was a delight and apparently just what I needed to kick start my reading again.
Not sure how much reading I’ll get done this week as I’ll probably be working on editing podcasts after work, but we’ll see how it goes. I’m ahead on blog stuff (with the exception of blog hopping, I’m sorry!) and most of all our con stuff is planned out and ready to go for the rest of the month with one or two exceptions. Hopefully that means less stress feeling the need to get things done and more relaxed reading time.
May marks the final month of programming but we still have some solid stuff the next few weeks. This coming week is another amazing week of scheduling so please stop by r/fantasy and check out some of our events we have planned! We are overflowing with fantastic authors!
- Tuesday the 5th – Future of SFF Panel – Janny Wurts, Krista D. Ball, Rin Chupeco, Sam J. Miller, Catherynne M. Valente
- Thursday the 7th – Historical SFF Panel – Alix E. Harrow, Lara Elena Donnelly, RJ Barker, Catherynne M. Valente
- Saturday the 9th – Time Travel Panel – Amal El-Mohtar, Annalee Newitz, Blake Crouch, Mike Chen
- Monday the 4th W.M. Akers AMA
- Monday the 4th Eric Desatnik & Ann VanderMeer AMA
- Tuesday the 5th C.J. Lavigne AMA
- Wednesday the 6th Martha Wells AMA
- Thursday the 7th Scott Edelman AMA
- Friday the 8th Nicole Kornher-Stace AMA
- Saturday the 9th Kellie Doherty AMA
- Sunday the 10th Ruthanna Emrys AMA
- Sunday the 10th Philip C. Quaintrell AMA
So I’m going to dig right into my May Wyrd & Wonder TBR pile and pick up The Absinthe Earl by Sharon Lynn Fisher this week. I’ve been looking forward to getting to this book for a while and I’m glad I finally have some free time in my schedule, wooo! So excited.
In audio I’ll be listening to Blood Debt by Tanya Huff, the last of her Vicki Nelson urban fantasy series. I’m sad that this series will be over but I’m happy to be completing one, something else I can check off my list. I’m also happy to get to this one as it’s one of my r/fantasy bingo reads and I’ve done a terrible time reading for the new bingo card so far. I think this will be my first one…
So, that’s it! I expect both of these to be pretty quick reads but we’ll see how it goes. Maybe I’ll be able to jump ahead on my TBR this month! Here’s hoping! What are you reading this week? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!