Thanks so much to Consu over at Paper Eyed Girl for nominating me for The Liebster Award! This is my second time being nominated, and I’m looking forward to a new batch of questions!
The Liebster Award Rules
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
What’s your phone’s background?
For a while now it’s been Kenshin from the live action movie Rurouni Kenshin based off of one of my favorite anime/manga of all time. This has been with me through at least the last two phones, maybe three. I don’t like change! (And I REALLY love the LA RK movies!)
Favorite Tv show/Film based on a book
The live action Rurouni Kenshin movie. Just kidding. (Although…). Ok, but based on an actual book and not a manga…. Probably The Princess Bride. I love that movie and it’s a great adaptation. A close second would be Interview With the Vampire.
What do you do for fun when you’re not reading?
Talk about books! No but really, my husband is constantly asking me what I’m doing on the internet and usually my answer is ‘talking about books’. 🙂 But I also like to get together with friends and play board games, I watch way too much television, and every once in a while I go out to a trivia night or something.
Favorite animal (with cute gif if possible)
I absolutely LOVE panda bears. I have so many stuffed panda bears it’s kind of ridiculous.
Is there a book you regret reading?
This is a great question! Right now I can’t really think of one. There are books that I didn’t really like but I don’t think I have regrets about them because at least I learned what I didn’t like!
Tea or coffee? Why?
Definitely tea! I was never much of a coffee drinker (although now I do have one cup in the morning on the way to work). I just love all the different kinds of teas, learning about how to brew them correctly, etc. Plus I love all the accouterments–tea cups and saucers, tea pots, little gold tea spoons, fancy treat plates, etc. It’s all so pretty and fancy and I love it.
Nothing good for me, hahahah. Um, not sure. I’m overly fond of beef jerky…
Tell us a cherished childhood memory that relates to books
My uncle used to take me to the library all the time to get books when I was little. I remember going to the library and discovering Madeline! Also, my mom reading me The Monster at the End of This Book, she was making all kinds of special effects noises and acting like it was hard to turn the pages–that was a lot of fun.
If you had to move anywhere in the world, where?
I don’t know, I have SUCH anxiety that when I finally moved out of my childhood home I moved less than a mile away hahaha. But if I HAD to move then maybe I’d move to somewhere in the Southern Appalachians.
Favorite book cover
I love this cover SO MUCH. Imagine my surprise and delight when I got to see the original artwork last year at the World Fantasy Convention! It’s even more beautiful in person! I also got to meet Michael Whelan (the artist) and got him to sign my copy of his artbook. ❤
Top Five favorite books
It’s always hard picking favorites because they tend to fluctuate. But…in no particular order.
- Small Gods by Terry Pratchett
- In Pursuit of the Green Lion by Judith Merkle Riley
- Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
11 Random Facts About Me
- I used to be pretty good at drawing and painting but I haven’t practiced in so long that I’m not so good anymore (I need to practice again!)
- I only ever seriously dated one person and then (after a very long engagement) I married him. 🙂
- I love taking road trips!
- I have both general anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder and sometimes daily life feels like a struggle but I try to work through it.
- I have an addiction to collecting things. Like, if I get one of something I have an intense need to want them all. It’s…been a problem at times.
- I have over 70 barbies! (see above lol)
- I LOVE organizing things.
- I can trace some of my ancestors back 10 generations in the United States (to 1775 in Maryland).
- 2020 will be 25 years since I graduated high school (how did all this time go by???).
- No one in my family are real readers, except my mom did read us weekly readers when we were growing up. I don’t know where my love for reading came from.
- I didn’t drive until I was around 30 or 31.
Don’t feel obligated if you’re nominated!
- Kal @ Reader Voracious
- Caitlin @ Realms of My Mind
- Witty and Sarcastic Bookclub
- Keikii Eats Books
- Evelyn Reads
- If there was a book that ticked all the boxes of stuff you liked, what would it be about or have in it?
- What’s the last TV show/movie you watched and loved?
- Have you ever written a book or thought about writing a book?
- What’s your favorite comfort food?
- Describe an ideal day.
- What is your most prized book in your collection and why?
- Vanilla or chocolate?
- Do you have pets, if so tell us about them. 🙂
- What is your favorite genre of books to read and why?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What is your dream job?