Holy heck, I forgot to post this! Welp. I guess that’s about on par with how the rest of my month went. I spent at least half the month reading the same couple of books before I started getting my reading groove back and then I totally lost my blogging groove and that’s something I’m still working on. Somehow, I still managed to finish 9 books! That’s really low for me (I think I average 12-14) but that’s more than I thought I got through so…go me? I’ll take it.
- 9 novels, 0 novella
- 6 Speculative Fiction–4 Fantasy, 1 Paranormal Cozy Mystery, 1 Military Scifi.
- 2 Romance–a very terrible erotica and a wonderful new KJ Charles book – both historicals
Favorite Reads of the Month:
Hard to pick favorites out of this last month. But there were a couple that I really had fun with and I think I value fun over everything else right now. So.
- A Conjuring of Assassins by Cate Glass. I am really loving this series. In fact, loving it so much I’m jumping right into book three. I love how she always builds up a lot of stuff in the background which becomes important later. can’t wait to see where all of this goes!
- Spirit’s End by Rachel Aaron. The grand finale of the Eli Monpress series. And it was grand indeed. Overall this series was super fun and I loved the build up because it all came together in this final volume.
March’s Book Reviews:
A few less reviews because of my blogging backlog eh.
- The First Sister by Linden A. Lewis – 4.5/5 stars
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas – 4.5/5 stars
- A Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa Tahir – 4.5/5 stars
- The Deepest Blue by Sarah Beth Durst – 4.5/5 stars
- The Court of Mortals by A.J. Lancaster – 5/5 stars
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao – 4/5 stars
- Spirit’s End by Rachel Aaron – 5/5 stars
- Herringbones and Hexes by Nance Warren – 4.5/5 stars
Still managed to get out a good amount of non-regular posts and book tags this month.
- Stuck at Home Book Tag
- Info Dump Bookish Tag
- Goodreads Was Wrong Book Tag
- 2020 r/Fantasy Bingo Wrap Up
- The Expectations We Put On Ourselves as Book Bloggers
Plans for April:
First let’s take a step back and see how I did with March’s plans. For March wanted work on bingo planning. Check! Done deal. New card comes out tomorrow. 😀 I also wanted to mood read as much as possible. Well, I did *some* mood reading, but March was a tough one for me, honestly.
For ApriI I plan to get through a few review books and then mood read and maybe get caught up in blogging. I mean, I’m hoping that’s how it goes but with my track record lately I guess we’ll see.
And, that about sums things up. How was your month? Leave a note in the comments, I’d love to chat!